Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG is in your top 5 P4P based on the "eye test" then Rigo should be much higher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came into thread, so it was by one of the alts, not interested.

Comment

GGG hasn't been man handled and nearly KOd in spots by unknown fighters in nearly 1/3 of his fights. /End thread. :blow:

Comment

the only "eye test" the TS and the rest of the GGG hate squad care about is if the fighter in question is dark enough for their tastes.

NSB is really going downhill with these race-baiting trolls starting garbage thread after garbage thread. Reeno needs to start cleaning house.......

Comment

I love them both and have Rigo very high and GGG number one. I have Rigo in the top 5 pfp. but he needs to fight more often. You can't really tell other boxing fans who should or shouldn't pass their eye test. It's their eyes and their test. If you think Rigo is the best that's good and support him. Just don't expect all the other fans to like him as much as you do. They will decide for themselves. I think GGG is the best pound for pound but lots of posters think he is not even top ten pfp and they have a right to their opinion. They won't change their minds and neither will I.

Comment

Horrible example if you were trying to make a good point: The eye test tells me that Rigo can't take a punch and is reluctant to let his hands go. Therefore he can't be top 5 p4p.

Comment

Maybe I would if I could keep my eyes open during a Rigo fight long enough to perform the eye test.

But in all seriousness, Rigo has fought even less interesting opposition than Golovkin in the time period between now and since he beat Donaire. How highly are we supposed to be rating him? In his defense, he is slated to be the mando for the Quigg/Frampton winner and that could be a big win for him. But right now, I'd have him towards the bottom of the top 10 P4P.

And who is to say that Rigo even beats GGG on the eye test though? When has GGG even lost a round, let alone took real damage, against a fighter he was supposed to beat? Because that's happened plenty to Rigo.

Comment

Plain and simply......not been active enough

Had he been active against top fighters then he would be higher, i certainly think hes more versed as a boxer etc but i can see why he would be lower in the p4p rankings.

GGG has been active so you cant argue that he should be higher, but if rigo fights a top name then he'll automatically be bumped up above him.

Comment

I don't have a P4P list and never really pay much attention to these rankings as they are rather subjective. I'm also not entirely sure on what criteria a fighter would have to meet to be on these lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    The truth is in the thread title.

Rigo is not only more skillful, but he actually has an elite win on his resume.

So if you have Golovkin in your top 5 pound for pound, then one could assume you have Rigo as #3 or #4? But for some reason those who have GGG so high don't even seem to rate Rigo.

Why is that?
                    Maybe they don't agree that Rigo is more skillful than GGG. I have seldom seen anyone use a jab more skillfully or effectively than GGG did in his last fight. GGG has an incredible amateur record. GGG has knocked out 31 of 34 opponents and was always miles ahead on points when he knocked them out. No boxer has ever won more than a round or two from GGG. He has never been hurt or knocked down. If that isn't great skill then what the hell is it? He has 14 successful title defenses and he won them all by KO. None of these things are true of Rigo. Rigo has never lost but he has been hurt and knocked down and been in closer fights than GGG. As far as an elite win goes GGG has KOed 7 guys who were rated in the top 10 world's best middleweights at the time he fought them. He hasn't defeated an elite fighter yet because no elite middleweight has challenged him. If he fights an elite fighter the odds are he will knock them out too.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      the only "eye test" the TS and the rest of the GGG hate squad care about is if the fighter in question is dark enough for their tastes.

NSB is really going downhill with these race-baiting trolls starting garbage thread after garbage thread. Reeno needs to start cleaning house.......
                      You continue to insist that every poster that criticizes GGG does so because he is white and they are black. You passively accuse the TS of this, yet he isn't black.

You are no different than what you are complaining about. Reading your posts suggest not a single white person on NSB has ever criticized GGG (which would be the exact racism you continually complain about). Yet this is clearly false-GGG gets criticism from all corners .

I get that you like GGG a lot and do not like to see him criticized. Sadly, since you do not have facts to refute the criticisms you decide to double down on "all GGG's criticism is race based" going just by their name and their avi.

Why is it so hard for you to accept fans criticism of GGG?

Comment

Working...
                      X