Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone talkin about 900K as if Cotto didn't have anything to do with that...like it was all Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      What do you mean "less accredited"? I mean come on now, silver medalist, 345-5 amateur record, 34-0 (31 kos) as a professional, WBA super world MW/WBA world MW/IBF world MW champion.

It's not that he is just winning fights, it's that he is breaking people down and destroying them while losing maybe a round or two along the way.
      Accredited means exactly what it means. I can't recall a guy who has done less being pushed that hard in the entire time frame I've been watching the sport. Naseem Hamed and Jermain Taylor had way better resumes to get "the push." Ten years professional. Look at what any bona fide ATG from this past era was doing after ten years pro.

Silver medalist with no remarkable win, ten years pro, we are supposed to believe he's the baddest man on the planet? He wanted no part of a guy 8 lbs heavier than him who would have all but cemented him as top 10 p4p for the rest of his career. Instead he is going to keep doing what he has been doing.

If this is greatness to you, so be it I guess. The guy is one flash knockdown away from not sniffing p4p for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
        What I'm saying is that Promoters LIE.

Produce the official PPV #s or STFU...

They lie about PPV numbers? that is a major liability... ok lets assume they lie, give me your reliable source. if not then STFU

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          Bad news, no way in hell is this fight gonna do that kind of money. Do you honestly believe the pro Mexican WBC will strip Canelo for not fighting g string? Won't happen. You may not like it, but g string is gonna have to make the concessions in this fight.
          I see the WBC making Alvarez the Diamond Champion like they did to Sergio Martinez when they made Zbik/Chavez fight for the title. They might get jealous if Alvarez fights for the WBO 154lbs title though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Accredited means exactly what it means. I can't recall a guy who has done less being pushed that hard in the entire time frame I've been watching the sport. Naseem Hamed and Jermain Taylor had way better resumes to get "the push." Ten years professional. Look at what any bona fide ATG from this past era was doing after ten years pro.

Silver medalist with no remarkable win, ten years pro, we are supposed to believe he's the baddest man on the planet? He wanted no part of a guy 8 lbs heavier than him who would have all but cemented him as top 10 p4p for the rest of his career. Instead he is going to keep doing what he has been doing.

If this is greatness to you, so be it I guess. The guy is one flash knockdown away from not sniffing p4p for years.
            Brutal truth. You gotta remember HBOs stable is thin so they have to go all out hyping up what they got. I love Crawford but the dickriding they do with him is ridiculous. too. He's being set up to fail because of the excessive hype they're putting on him.

Fact of the matter is, boxing is just garbage right now so we are getting garbage shoved down our throats. Everybody trying to shortcut their way to building a star and avoid them having to earn it. Luckily the fans aren't buying it because the ratings and buy rates are tanking by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
              Oscar's desperate to drain GGG down to a point where he doesn't put Canelo in the hospital. He'll probably settle on something like 70/30 with a 157 CW.

Crazy that there are still ******s pushing the 97K number for the Lemieux PPV.
              They're ******s, what do you expect?

Comment

• Golovkin would be wise to take the 30% (or so) and negotiate for a fight at 160. Canelo will get KTFO and Golovkin will be the A side from then on against everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  everyone talkin about 900K as if Cotto didn't have anything to do with that...like it was all Canelo
                  Everyone talking 97k as if David Lemieux didn't have anything to do with it...like it was all GGG fans who bought that PPV.

Comment

• if there's a catchweight included in that, gbp nor canelo want this fight. if there isn't gennady should take the fight. **** the money, for now. a win against canelo would mean more, and he finally gets his crown. if there's a rematch to be consider, you flip those numbers around or tell gbp to go **** themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                      Golovkin offers Canelo nothing but a dangerous fight so why risk a career fighting some Russian with little fans and no appeal in the USA Canelo just does not need GGG or the loss.
                      Might be the realest post in this entire fcking thread

Comment

Working...
                      X