No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    He does in certain areas of Quebec. The rest of the country doesn't give a **** about him or boxing. Not one bar in Toronto had this fight. Aside from that my understanding is that ppv numbers only reflect buys in America.
    They do only reflect numbers in America.

But you concede that Lemieux does have Canadian fans. So you don't think it's possible that some of them might have contributed to the buys? (whether that is because they were in the U.S. for work, for holiday, or are expats?)

Or does Golovkin deserve credit for ALL the buys?

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
    You just went full ******. Better shut up if you no nothing but ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      Aren't these essentially the same excuses given by Team Triple Duck for a potential Andre Ward fight?
      Don't recall a build up fight or a 90/10 cut, but yea there was a 164 catchweight iirc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        They do only reflect numbers in America.

But you concede that Lemieux does have Canadian fans. So you don't think it's possible that some of them might have contributed to the buys? (whether that is because they were in the U.S. for work, for holiday, or are expats?)

Or does Golovkin deserve credit for ALL the buys?

i don't think you realize how small the population of Canada is and how much smaller the boxing fan base is. Lemieux has local support from people in the Quebec area who have always supported Quebec fighters. Just like Steve molitar had local support here in Toronto. Considering how small the population is in Canada and how small the boxing fan base is, I'd say the amount of Canadians living and working in America who would buy a ppv for Lemieux is pretty insignificant. Take into account that the amount of Canadians living and working in America is a little over a million. How many of those people would even be boxing fans when most of the other 30 million living here don't give a ****?

Comment

• Lemiuex name probably brought in about 1/10 of what Mosely/Mayorga as far as extra Buys in the states if anything having GGG go against Lemiux hurt PPV #s. Whether you think it did 97-150 if GGG was in against a legit name it would have been higher.

The match up did nothing to interest hardcore boxing fans because everyone knew it was going to be a blowout

Canelos a bigger name no question but 90/10 Shouldnt happen but K2 is going to have to take it with no Vaseline if they want the fight and they should and smile while it's happening because it's time to take on a legit name for GGG and I don't see nothing on the horizon for him besides Canelo that is a big fight.

Comment

Everyone talking 97k as if David Lemieux didn't have anything to do with it...like it was all GGG fans who bought that PPV.
            lmao.......

Comment

• It will be 70-30 and at 160. If it happens.

Comment

• This is just negotiating tactics from Canelo's side, IMO. If he vacates and runs he would lose too much credibility and respect amongst his Mexican fan base, which is all about the fighting spirit and the best match-ups. Canelo is so endeared because of his macho "I duck no one" persona. None of his fan base dissipated because of his loss to Floyd, but a blatant duck would by far do more damage and alienate him from his followers.

As for GGG, he was definitely born in the wrong era. This era it's avoid, make silly demands and try to preserve a favorable record. If he was boxing when the Four Kings were around no-one would've of avoided him, it would have been quite the opposite actually.

Comment

• Great excuse for De La Hoya & Canelo for not fighting GGG.They will say an offer wss made & GGG refused it.. De La Hoya has learned a lot from Bob Arum..

Comment

... this is knowledge......................................... ........

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      I see the WBC making Alvarez the Diamond Champion like they did to Sergio Martinez when they made Zbik/Chavez fight for the title. They might get jealous if Alvarez fights for the WBO 154lbs title though.
                      The same WBC that allowed Canelo to fight a 3rd tier 147lber for the vacant 154lb title?
                      The same WBC that allowed Canelos defense vs the number 4 ranked contender(Rhodes, a joke all by itself) count as his mandatory?
                      The same WBC that allowed Canelo to defend the 154lb title vs not one but two career 140lbers (Gomez, Lopez)?

As I posted earlier, not gonna happen. Face it Canelo has youth and earning power on his side. If g string wants this fight, he's gonna have to make concessions.
                      Last edited by just the facts; 01-15-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X