Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Likes The Idea of Miguel Cotto Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Cotto by KO or TKO. Marquez is great but he haven't fight at 147 in a long time...

Comment

Cotto is the "A" side....150-152 is more realistic

I like Cotto in this fight if the weight is 150 or above.....I think Cotto can make 147 but that's about it....I don't think he can fight effectively as WW anymore though.....JMW is perfect for him....he's a little too big for 147 and way too small for 160

Comment

Give Cotto little Juan as a breather easy fight

Cotto facing the pint sized old Marquesz would be a joy for the battered Cotto after facing larger fighters. Beating the hell out of the slow Marquez would be an easy win for Cotto and a nice payday. have the fight in mexico or even in PR. spare the USA.

Comment

Marquez is a legend but I have no desire to see him continue. He can still beat the hell out of Alvarado level competition but he's just too old and small to keep up with the top guys at 147-154, even Cotto at this stage would be too much for him imo.

Comment

WARR COTTO!!! I LIKE BOTH OF THESE WARRIORS HELL YEAH MAKE THIS FIGHT HAPPEN

Comment

marquez too small, beat up, old and inactive for cotto,,

Comment

Marquez just said in his show on ESPNDeportes that he is open to the fight, and that he acknowledges it is a fight the fans would love to see. He did bring up health though and that they'd both have to give it some thought due to the stages they are at in their careers.

Comment

Didn't Nacho just say the other day that he thought Cotto beat Canelo?? Marquez is too small and old to beat Cotto, but, for some reason, I would still want to see this.

Comment

Wow! So this has been sort of a personal fantasy fight since forever! Never thought I'd hear about it actually being made though. so crazy! Lets do it!

But first, lets take a second to acknowledge how truly filthy Cotto is. The former middleweight champ, is looking to face a basically retired 42 year old worn and torn career featherweight/lightweight in Marquez. Mind boggling. The coward cherry picking levels are on a hundred thousand trillion here. He should be looking into fighting weak jr middleweights or solid welters if he doesn't wanna get rocked and socked again. The body shavers will defend this filth though. Disgusting.

Let's be clear, if this goes down I'm betting on Marquez. He genuinely has chance at beating that glorified brute.

IT WILL BE A WIN FOR THE AGES and will send Cotto into hiding/retirement/his closet forever and ever lololol

WAR DINAMITA!

Comment

Interesting...but who wants to hear about the months and months of managerial bantering and each side trying to establish the upper hand in the negotiations when the payoff is a 115-113 UD in either direction no knockdown fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X