Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Likes The Idea of Miguel Cotto Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think JMM's style translates well to fighting bigger guys. I'd pick Cotto to stop him in a fight that's not all that competitive.

Comment

Marquez is too old and small. He should just have a farewell fight in Mexico and then hang em up.

Comment

If that fight happens it happens above 150.
        No way Cotto can still make 147 healthy.

Comment

Too late. Cotto too big, Marquez too old. I'd still buy it though.

Comment

150 and Memo Heredia involved, it's an even fight. Would love to see Cotto destroy the cheater. Revenge for Roach and revenge for Cotto after TKO by a doped Pac.

I admit Pac was probably doped back in 2009. Where are the Marquez fans admitting JMM is on PED's??? They just keep quiet.

Comment

at 154?

Comment

Suspect notion. But it's not Nacho's first.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                  Wow! So this has been sort of a personal fantasy fight since forever! Never thought I'd hear about it actually being made though. so crazy! Lets do it!

But first, lets take a second to acknowledge how truly filthy Cotto is. The former middleweight champ, is looking to face a basically retired 42 year old worn and torn career featherweight/lightweight in Marquez. Mind boggling. The coward cherry picking levels are on a hundred thousand trillion here. He should be looking into fighting weak jr middleweights or solid welters if he doesn't wanna get rocked and socked again. The body shavers will defend this filth though. Disgusting.

Let's be clear, if this goes down I'm betting on Marquez. He genuinely has chance at beating that glorified brute.

IT WILL BE A WIN FOR THE AGES and will send Cotto into hiding/retirement/his closet forever and ever lololol

WAR DINAMITA!
                  This is a fight that you want to see so badly, and you would actually bet on Marquez, but Cotto is disgusting for "wanting" it? How does that make sense?

I don't see any quotes from Cotto in this article either, so it's hard to tell whether he wants the fight at all. I don't see how you can use a hypothetical match-up as a basis for calling him filthy.
                  Last edited by bigjer88; 01-09-2016, 05:05 PM. Reason: Just because

Comment

marquez is too old at this point and cotto would be weight drained.

Comment

To put it lightly,

The cartelidge in Marquez knee has been EATEN ALIVE by steroids. Its bone sitting on bone. With that being said, Marquez has no business competing any longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X