Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs. Sullivan Barrera confirmed for 3/26. Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronze Bomber View Post
    Yeah, no doubt if it was Kovalev instead of Barrera last night.. Ward would of been KO'd early. Ward better stay focused, this is the fight of his life
    Cant wait for that fight man may the best man win, just hate that Ward is already talking about more damn tuneups.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
      Cant wait for that fight man may the best man win, just hate that Ward is already talking about more damn tuneups.
      I figure we should let Ward take another tune up if he thinks it'll help him get better prepared. He's been fairly inactive these last few years and besides this will buy a little more time for the fight to build a little more interest. Remember how many tune up fights Deontay has taken before finally going for the Povetkin fight?

If Ward has all these tune ups to prepare himself for Kovalev then he won't have any excuse for losing....Wouldn't that be more vindication for you if that happens ?

I'm fine with another tuneup as long as the fight takes place this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
        He's talking about more tuneups because the fight is basically agreed on for November and Kovalev is fighting someone else in June. Ward is deciding whether he wants another fight like Kovalev is taking.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Why shouldn't I care if it is an unnecessary wait? Ward isn't some green up and comer, he is a seasoned fighter, and his inactivity is his own fault. No excuses.
          It isn't an unnecessary wait. The fight is supposed to happen in November. Kovalev's side has made it very clear they are fighting someone else in June, not Ward. This has been the plan for months, and now that Ward has pretty much confirmed this plan, why are you and so many others acting like we haven't known this all along?

Comment

• You heard of footwork? this is handwork #levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It isn't an unnecessary wait. The fight is supposed to happen in November. Kovalev's side has made it very clear they are fighting someone else in June, not Ward. This has been the plan for months, and now that Ward has pretty much confirmed this plan, why are you and so many others acting like we haven't known this all along?
              I don't get it either... some of the most ******ed posters ever.

We've known since LAST YEAR that the fight was scheduled for November 2016 but they want to start complaining now, Kovalev is fighting someone else in June also so why is it a problem at all if Ward also fights someone different in the mean time.

It's beyond beating a dead horse with these guys. My only reasoning is they know another fight for Ward gives him more chances of being fully back to his best.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

You heard of footwork? this is handwork #levels.

He's usually a lot more effective in countering his opponents jab by slipping and throwing his own jab or countering with the right hand over the top. Or sometimes he'll get under the jab, get inside and work. We didn't see a lot of that from Ward Saturday night. That's why I say his timing was a little off and he showed some rust. I expect him to be a lot more sharper if he can stay more active.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  He's usually a lot more effective in countering his opponents jab by slipping and throwing his own jab or countering with the right hand over the top. Or sometimes he'll get under the jab, get inside and work. We didn't see a lot of that from Ward Saturday night. That's why I say his timing was a little off and he showed some rust. I expect him to be a lot more sharper if he can stay more active.
                  Naturally the extra weight will slow him down and Barreras inactivity gave him limited chances to counter - you can only work with what you are given as a counter puncher. Obviously you dont forget what you learned at this stage but your timing/reflexes are not going to be the same as you age - however despite the perhaps lack of quickness he appears to be gaining punching power so we may not see that level of skill from 168 but he might start handing ass whoopins now.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    I expected a lot more of the right hand against Barrera. He hardly threw it. That's a big reason why his offense looked so off. He has always been left hand happy, but here he seemed especially so.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I expected a lot more of the right hand against Barrera. He hardly threw it. That's a big reason why his offense looked so off. He has always been left hand happy, but here he seemed especially so.
                      I believe I saw someone here state he may have said something about hurting the right in between rounds. I didn't pick up on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X