Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs. Sullivan Barrera confirmed for 3/26. Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    But how is it posturing or cowardice, when even Kovalev and Duva have already said it will happen at the end of 2016, since before all this. It has always been that Ward will take 2 fights and fight Kovalev at the end of 2016. Kovalev already said November sounds good, Duva said the same. So how is it posturing or cowardice? The fight has been nearly set in stone since Ward signed on.

What I notice you are doing is that you want the world to stop turning for your entertainment, you want the fight next Saturday for whatever reason, when all parties have agreed on Q4 2016. It sounds like you want things YOUR way, no matter how unreasonable. This is the best match up that can be made in 2016 and it's being made. You fans can never be satisfied with anything. If a fight does not happen at all, it's bad, if a fight is going to happen a certain year but not a date that YOU want it in, it's bad. Boxing fans are terrible, especially when it's a fanboy trying to get an advantage for the fighter he favors and trying to smear another's name in the process.
    I'm not asking for anything unreasonable I don't think, my genuine question is why does Ward need so much time to prepare for a fight that his fans swear is almost a given win? Riddle me that.

And I think even if Ward is given all the possible advantages, Kovalev still beats him. I believe in an even ground for both fighters.

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Some of the most ridiculous and stupid logic I've read here. That's saying something.

If Ward has another tune up fight before his upcoming fight with Kovalev he's a coward? Sheer stupidity.
    HE JUST CAME OFF OF A TUNE UP FIGHT.

How many does he need? The man isn't old like B-Hop, he isn't coming off of a serious injury like Paul Williams or Martinez, what is the big deal?

If it's in the contract and all parties have agreed upon it then FINE, I have no quarrel with that, I respect honoring word of mouth and contractual integrity, so I support it.

I think this is where you are confused....my problem/question is the same as above: why does Ward need so much time to prepare for a fight that his fans swear is almost a given win?

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      I'm not asking for anything unreasonable I don't think, my genuine question is why does Ward need so much time to prepare for a fight that his fans swear is almost a given win? Riddle me that.

And I think even if Ward is given all the possible advantages, Kovalev still beats him. I believe in an even ground for both fighters.
      So this is about his fans?

What fans think it's almost a given win? Can you post some examples? Some people think Ward will win, nobody is saying a given win. This is going to be a tough fight. Everyone acknowledges this fight as the #1 P4P spot taker.

What Ward's fans think, or what any fighters fans think does not translate into the fighter himself. Or else, many fights will be signed and sealed by tomorrow. Many fans think their favorite fighter beats another guy.

This is all irrelevant though, because what you are asking is not really something to debate over, it sounds like an unreasonable opinion of something that is pretty much set in stone. You want to change something that all parties are in agreement to. You are upset that time is being wasted first, then I said time is not being wasted, another fight or not, the fight will happen in the same time it always has. Now your argument is that "the fans thinks Ward will win though, why not fight tomorrow". Your argument is really all over the place. Remind me how many top level fights this year are set to happen? There are not many, so instead of complaining about Ward fighting another guy or not before his fight with Kovalev, why don't you instead praise the only two top P4P fighters fighting someone worth a damn.

Comment

• nevermind found it.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
          nevermind found it.

Yeah, no doubt if it was Kovalev instead of Barrera last night.. Ward would of been KO'd early. Ward better stay focused, this is the fight of his life

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Interesting choice of music there. Why was it posted in my thread though?

Hopefully Ward's total domination of the previously undefeated Barrera didn't make you too mad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronze Bomber View Post
                Yeah, no doubt if it was Kovalev instead of Barrera last night.. Ward would of been KO'd early. Ward better stay focused, this is the fight of his life
                KO'd early my ass...

Kovalev will hit air all night, quote me on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                  KO'd early my ass...

Kovalev will hit air all night, quote me on this one.
                  Because mister slower than molasses Barrera couldn't land anything right? keep dreaming

Comment

• Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    Interesting choice of music there. Why was it posted in my thread though?

Hopefully Ward's total domination of the previously undefeated Barrera didn't make you too mad.
                    Barrera was a sloth man. Kovalev would have splattered him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronze Bomber View Post
                      Because mister slower than molasses Barrera couldn't land anything right? keep dreaming
                      Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      Barrera was a sloth man. Kovalev would have splattered him.
                      I guess we'll have to wait and see. I must say, it's gonna be quite interesting after Kov gets embarrassed by Ward and GGG is the only hope left.

Comment

Working...
                      X