No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Lundy, Verdejo-Silva HBO Double Finalized, 2/27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent Card

Disappointed that Terence Crawford is fighting Hank Lundy next. Not trying to knock Lundy because he's a tough, game, and durable gatekeeper of the division. But Lundy should be fighting guys like Jose Benavidez, Antonio Orozco, or Frankie Gomez. Not fighting in the Main Event on HBO for a World Title.

Disappointed to Top Rank couldn't have found a better opponent. I know that Herrera, and Provo rejected that fight. Even though they supposed to fight each other in March so boxing fans can't really complain to much about those guys. Not sure what happened to Postol, but how about Lucas? Even Jose Benavidez would have been a interesting fight.

Hopefully after Terence blows through Lundy he gets a unification match next.

Verdejo no one can really complain. He's a young prospect with huge upside that HBO and Top Rank want to get major exposure. So no complaints about his fight.

Comment

Arum is taking the Danny Garcia career trajectory with Crawford. Crawford was FOTY in 2014 & has taken backward step after backward step since. Should at least keep him fighting more often if he's just gonna fight showcase/stay busy fights. Same with Loma. I wish guys fought more than twice a year, bit if you are fighting twice a year you need to be fighting a higher caliber of guy than Crawford & Loma have been. Quit effing around Bob.

Comment

I'd rather see Crawford against Silva or Verdejo way more than the used up Lundy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Hopefully they learned their lesson and have Verdejo headline... or Crawford can fight in front of a smaller crowd
          That happened?

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
            Disappointed that Terence Crawford is fighting Hank Lundy next. Not trying to knock Lundy because he's a tough, game, and durable gatekeeper of the division. But Lundy should be fighting guys like Jose Benavidez, Antonio Orozco, or Frankie Gomez. Not fighting in the Main Event on HBO for a World Title.

Disappointed to Top Rank couldn't have found a better opponent. I know that Herrera, and Provo rejected that fight. Even though they supposed to fight each other in March so boxing fans can't really complain to much about those guys. Not sure what happened to Postol, but how about Lucas? Even Jose Benavidez would have been a interesting fight.

Hopefully after Terence blows through Lundy he gets a unification match next.

Verdejo no one can really complain. He's a young prospect with huge upside that HBO and Top Rank want to get major exposure. So no complaints about his fight.
            With all due respect, I personally feel anybody who thinks this is an easy fight for Crawford is a "BOXREC Boxing Fan"

He has some losses but let's look at them:

(1) A 5 round technics decision loss due to a cut vs. Herrera

(2) A fight against Dulorme in which he lost a split decision that many thought he got the wrong end of

(3) A fight against Postol that a great number of people thought he won, but was held in Postol's backyard in Ukraine. And look how Postol is regarded right now--his stock is at an all time high, so if you think Lundy should have won that fight like many do, that highly disputed loss looks damn good in retrospect.

(4) A majority decision loss to Beltran who later got popped for PEDs (was he on them then?)

(5) An ancient KO loss to John Molina in a fight he was bossing until Molina pulled out some final round heroics (as he was once known for, see Mickey Bey fight)

To me, #5 is his only untainted loss. Lundy is a damn good fighter who's always seemingly has the hard road in the sport, but the dude has REAL skills and he's the kind of fighter people generally try to avoid in favor of easier options. I do not foresee an easy night for Crawford and if he gets the win (which I think is likely--Crawford is a special fighter IMO) but even assuming he gets it, most fans will not properly credit him for it. And that's the reason people generally avoid Lundy. Too much risk for not enough reward.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              That happened?
              Walters/Marriaga

Comment

Working...
              X