Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo To Headline First Boxing Event at New Las Vegas Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo To Headline First Boxing Event at New Las Vegas Arena

A motivating factor in Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez returning to HBO was his wanting to reclaim the fight weekends surrounding Cinco de Mayo (May 5, celebrating the Battle of Puebla) and El Grito de Independencia (Mexico’s Independence Day, September 16). It didn’t happen in his first year back with the network, but big plans are in store for 2016.

BoxingScene.com has learned that Golden Boy Promotions has placed a hold on the newly constructed Las Vegas Arena for a May 7 boxing event. Alvarez is due to return to the ring versus a yet-to-be-determined opponent on that date, in the first defense of his World middleweight championship.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good to see a mention that Canelo will be defending his middleweight title. Hopefully he'll do it at middleweight!

Comment

If he can pack that venue fighting Monroe or Rosado i'll be impressed.

Comment

Not surprising, given all the gifts decisions he gets there. He's the new Vegas poster child

Comment

Canelolujah! Back is very good news!

Comment

Thats whats up...

Comment

This is gonna be a ****ty boxing trivia question one day.

What was the first boxing event at the new Las Vegas Arena? Saul Alvarez vs Willie Monroe. Hope Monroe gets it anyway since he's in the running apparently. Hope he beats Canelo so some of this marinating ends badly for some cats.

Comment

No idea who I want to see Canelo fight. Not Monroe...I'd like to see Lemieux fight Monroe. Rosado is an obvious Canelo win, but I like Gabe and the guy has certainly paid his dues + would deserve a pay day like that. Still, I really don't want to see it either. Damn, idk...

Comment

this is good for boxing, however i did hear a while back that the first event that will be held in that particular arena will be a ufc ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by moonboxer86 View Post
                    this is good for boxing, however i did hear a while back that the first event that will be held in that particular arena will be a ufc ppv.
                    Lol @ the UFC.

The first event will be a concert. The Killers are scheduled to play on opening night.

Comment

Working...
                    X