Name a bum that beat a good fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnifiedD View Post
    Buster Douglas>>>>Mike Tyson probably the biggest upset in boxing history
    Buster wasn't a bum though, he was a contender. He was coming off wins against Oliver McCall, Trevor Berbick and Mike Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      Hasim Rahman to Lennox Lewis

Rahman caught a ****y Lennox with a hard shot, while Lennox was stupidly showboating
      Lewis wasn't showboating...he got pushed into the corner and got caught with a right hand trying to turn out of the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by zmm001 View Post
        Leon Spinks beat Ali
        Danny Green beat RJJ
        I dont think losses where the ¨good fighter¨ was absolutely past prime should count

when you are shot to ****, you cant be considered a ¨good fighter¨ anymore

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        Lewis wasn't showboating...he got pushed into the corner and got caught with a right hand trying to turn out of the corner.
        He was trying to pull some Sweet Pea defensive moves on the overmatched Rahman, moves that had never been part of his skillset (and almost impossible for a man his size), that's underestimating your opponent and showboating
        Last edited by lopetego; 01-03-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zmm001 View Post
          Leon Spinks beat Ali
          Danny Green beat RJJ
          Stevenson got KOed by Boone
          Spinks wasn't a bum though. He was an Olympic gold medalist. Plus Ali was past prime. So was Jones.

Boone is a career journeyman for sure, but I wouldn't call him a bum either. He's proved to be a tough test for many fighters, including Kovalev and Andre Ward.

Comment

Rustico Torrecampo and Medgoen Singsurat. Both KO'd Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Spinks wasn't a bum though. He was an Olympic gold medalist. Plus Ali was past prime. So was Jones.

Boone is a career journeyman for sure, but I wouldn't call him a bum either. He's proved to be a tough test for many fighters, including Kovalev and Andre Ward.
              I agree that bum is harsh for these guys. A bum to me has a really bad losing record but for this practice its fair to call someone who is 23-22-4 a bum otherwise no one has lost to a true bum.

Comment

Ross Purity over Wladimir Klitschko..... the journeymen of the 90s were so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by misery.s View Post
                  Name a bum that beat a good fighter?
                  How did he beat them?
                  Balderthal, beat Zab Judah. He beat him with a relentless pursuit and a ton of heart. His primitive skillset and crude boxing, should not have been able to touch Judah.

Comment

Max baer vs james braddock

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      I dont think losses where the ¨good fighter¨ was absolutely past prime should count

when you are shot to ****, you cant be considered a ¨good fighter¨ anymore

He was trying to pull some Sweet Pea defensive moves on the overmatched Rahman, moves that had never been part of his skillset (and almost impossible for a man his size), that's underestimating your opponent and showboating
                      I think it was more down to lewis not being in shape, and not being physically ready to react to his opponent. It was a nice shot and was set up well. Full credit to rahman.

Comment

Working...
                      X