Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come floyd avoiding margs for baldomir was a smart business move but ggg cant...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    You only look under your feet, u can read my previous post for more details about why Mayweathr made the right decision to leave Arum, but even if you don't wanna read it, I'll tell you what: whatever Floyd Mayweather did in his career as far as business was right, there's a reason why he became the highest paid athlete in the world and the highest paid boxer of all times while holding the first 3 places in the most selling PPV fights ever, so you trying to downplay that it just a desperate attempt to try to discredit Floyd Mayweather and you shouldn't feel bad about it cuz u r not the only one here, but when it's all said and done the man is the richest athlete in the world and he retired as the richest PRIZE FIGHTER in history.
    yes he did what was best for him. i realize that, but you don't realize that what s best for him consisted of avoiding certain fights. and since we are supposed to be boxing fans shouldn't we care and call him out for that? yes he manipulated the public and became a big star and biggest prize fighter in history but don't conflate that with being the best boxer who was willing to take on all challenges. the 2 are very different things that floyd fans don't seem to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      hahahaha i called it a couple posts back. floyd thought people were trying to make him lose so he didn't fight the top guys. hilarious. if anyone else in boxing said that he would be creamed but floyd fans actually believe in it. how dare they try to make floyd lose by matching him with the #1 guy in the division! its unfair! they trying to make him lose
      Margarito was not the #1 guy at 147, the lineal champ was Carlos Baldomir, who Floyd fought and beat 12-0, Margarito's best win was against Kermit freaking Cintron, he was the WBO champion that not a lot of people knew.

A lot of stuff goes behind the scenes in boxing, boxing is a business, it's not this gladiator fantasy movie u thing it is, ask yourself these questions: didn't Manny Pacquiao get robbed when his contract with Arum was about to run out, didn't Cotto lose to Margarito who had plaster in his hands right before his contract ran out, didn't Margarito get caught doing a crime (plaster), yet was allowed to fight only a year after and made the biggest paydays of his career AFTER he was found to be a confirmed cheater and criminal? didn't Walters just get screwed a couple of weeks ago against Sosa on his last fight in the Contract with Bob Arum? didn't Dela Hoya get robbed against Trinidad? and the list goes on and on but just like Arum himself said, boxing fans are like rocks and they would believe anything, well Floyd Mayweather was smarter than all these guys and got out before he got screwed and beat much better fighters than Margacheato at 5 different weight classes and made more money than any other fighter in the history of prize fighting.

Comment

floyd made a good move by fighting sharmba for 4 million instead of marg for 7? really now?

floyd made a good move by fighting judah for 5 millino instead of marg for 7? really now?

your comprehension is low. very low. its like you read things without understanding what they are even saying. floyd asked for a 20 million guarantee. of course arum would be working with such a small percentage if he agreed to that. we know this for a fact because when floyd actually fought oscar he was more than happy to accept a 10 million guarantee. there's much less risk in giving a guy 10 million as opposed to 20 millino. so the one who essentially killed the fight was once again floyd. if floyd had agreed to something reasonable like 10 million when he was with top rank, arum would not have to say he would be working for such a small percentage and would be more likely to do the fight. so stop trying to blame arum simply because he understands numbers and you don't. it was floyd who asked for the unreasonable guarantee which torpedoed the fight.
        Floyd was offered 7 mil before the zab fight? Show me a link of that. And there's no way you can say fighting baldo was a bad bidness move since it got him away from arum who didn't even wanna make the Oscar fight (which I just showed you)

Comment

Floyd Mayweather has the biggest balls in boxing and never Ducked no man ever! <--------(Start with a joke) Seriously though, Floyd is extremely boring and scared of losing. For years i been wondering why someone would pay to watch this fake ***** talk trash then run around scared in a ring. Then i found idiots on boxingscene who claim to be fans and i realized how many idiots the planet earth has and it makes perfect sense. Idiots follow Idiots like the blind leads the blind, and someone Floyd knows realized this and made millions.Bob Arum is that guy, but then he fell into Al's lap and the rest is history. Boring,scared,dumb,puppet,woman beater,racist,and followed by Idiots.That's how ill remember your hero Floyd's Boxingscene fans.Oh and I'm a GGG fan so **** you guys!

Comment

so if you are in your 4th weight class you are allowed to cherry pick? more insight into the mind of a floyd fan. also ggg was fighting at 140 at age 18. floyd was fighting at 130 at age 18. so yea they both have moved up 4 divisions if you want to compare equal things. ggg stayed amateur though so i guess it doesn't count for him. he should have turned pro at 140 so he could cherry pick at 1600 now.
            Floyd was fighting at 112 at the age of 17 and 126 at the age of 18, he did his share of moving up in weight, he moved up from 130 to 135 at 24, GGG tured pro at 24 and never moved up, so Floyd moved up while he was actially a grown man while GGG moved up while his body was still growing and he did it in the amateurs, not the pros, which are VASTLY different.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Floyd was offered 7 mil before the zab fight? Show me a link of that. And there's no way you can say fighting baldo was a bad bidness move since it got him away from arum who didn't even wanna make the Oscar fight (which I just showed you)
              He's not gonna read your post, he's gonna read what he wants to read and then babble about some unrelated stuff while totally ignoring the logic in your statement, I say we should just stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

here's an example of what floyd did except we will use ggg since a lot of people hate him

imagine if ggg said "i'll fight ward if you guarantee me 20 million dollars to fight canelo."

k2 says no we can't do that. that's not reasonable. ggg says k2 you are trying to keep me down! then leaves k2 and signs the canelo fight for 10 million dollars. did ggg sabotage the negotiations by asking for 20 million when he knew that 10 million was perfectly fine? why didn't ggg ask for 10 million when he was with k2? what differences were there between the first and second negotiations?

cue the jeopardy music!

Comment

I think boxing fans just like to hate on one side or the other without thinking too hard about it. Maybe boxing fans are one step up from WWE fans.

GGG is about the most likable guy in boxing right now. He's a happy go lucky type like Manny. He's fun to watch. He stops guys. He seems willing to fight anyone. And if the Ward option had come when less was happening in his weight division I'd assume we'd have seen GGG vs Ward. This logic some people have in boxing (& often in politics) where you can't change your stance on a situation based on new info is dumb f#cking logic.

I say GGG is making the solid moves to make the biggest fight he can (lets be serious a Ward fight was never gonna be as big as a Canelo fight) & honestly I'm more critical of him still taking backward steps to get a name to fight him instead of taking forward steps & forcing a decision upon Canelo (or Cotto before him or Sergio before him) to look bad & vacate or to fight him & maybe force him/them to fight at a later date thru bad PR & maybe getting his own name out there more & becoming more mainstream. I think K2/GGG highly suspect or even know Canelo Bowe's the title over facing him in May & thats why we are in the situation we are in, I just think its as likely the same thing is likely to be a problem in September so GGG can either decide to push for Canelo fight then that'll result in a vacant title pickup or he'll take another backward move hoping for a May 2017 fight.

Comment

here's an example of what floyd did except we will use ggg since a lot of people hate him

imagine if ggg said "i'll fight ward if you guarantee me 20 million dollars to fight canelo."

k2 says no we can't do that. that's not reasonable. ggg says k2 you are trying to keep me down! then leaves k2 and signs the canelo fight for 10 million dollars. did ggg sabotage the negotiations by asking for 20 million when he knew that 10 million was perfectly fine? why didn't ggg ask for 10 million when he was with k2? what differences were there between the first and second negotiations?

cue the jeopardy music!
                    Dude just stfu and show me where Floyd turned down marg for 7 mil and took zab for 4 mil instead lol. If you can't show proof then just admit you're wrong. I'd have more respect for you if you just man up and admit you can't back up your claim

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Dude just stfu and show me where Floyd turned down marg for 7 mil and took zab for 4 mil instead lol. If you can't show proof then just admit you're wrong. I'd have more respect for you if you just man up and admit you can't back up your claim
                      That seems to be the thing with a lot of these fools in here. Throw out a lie and hope it sticks.

Love tap productons is another one who does that daily.

Comment

Working...
                      X