No announcement yet.

A Floyd-manny Rematch Wouldn't Do Big Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** yeah, let them another go at it.

It's 2 legends, regardless Floyd would still be his era's best fighter and Pacquiao would be in that top 5 or 6.

Comment

It would do 1.5 mil.

Comment

The rematch could lose 90% of the audience of the first fight, and still be the biggest fight in boxing in 2016..

Low end- 800k

High end- 2 mil

Probably does a million, and some change

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          The rematch could lose 90% of the audience of the first fight, and still be the biggest fight in boxing in 2016..

Low end- 800k

High end- 2 mil

Probably does a million, and some change

It depends on the ppv price and how does manny looked in the bradley fight

Comment

Pacquiao could knock Bradley out, but I don't see how that would change anything. Bradley has almost been knocked out repeatedly, recently, and the fact that he beat Rios doesn't really mean much. I guess that's the plan to trick people into buying the Mayweather rematch.

Comment

I think the whole event became an uncontrollable money making beast, it became a rich event for the only the elite and privileged and that made the fight a freak show....hopefully if it did happen again it would be for the sport and boxing fan this time and hopefully the hype would note overtake the fight.....they won't make half the money they made the first fight but let's be fair 80 mil for Floyd and 40 mil for for pacquaio is still a tidy lump....can see it doing 2 million or just under

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                It would do 1.5 mil.
                True. Still a drastic drop-off and you'd have to slash the PPV and ticket price tag. There just isn't enough money to pay both of them.

Comment

it might if there is no IV and injuries involved.

Comment

Where are people pulling 2mil from

So far it seems like an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      what makes people so confident that a rematch would be a huge event?

Many people felt cheated out in the original match due to the lack of action. I'm not convinced that they're silly enough to think manny can become Maidana
                      A rematch would bomb horrifically. If they charge the same price, they'd be lucky to get 70K purchases

Comment

Working...
                      X