Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "Pac-Man" Pacquiao vs "Desert Storm" Bradley 3 Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Which is why a rematch with Floyd is pointless. I saw no improvement or change in Manny Pacquiao whatsoever against an opponent the majority of boxing fans felt would have no chance at beating him.

I didn't see Manny try that much harder against Bradley than he did against Algieri. If anything, Bradley lost focus after the first knockdown - which I still felt was BS - and got dejected. We got no firemen speech, so Bradley wasn't fired back up as expected.

I saw Bradley try for a counter overhand on at least 15 occasions but he was too slow to snap it out. Where Floyd would have handily landed it because Manny was wide open.

Fighting TBE again would result in the same outcome and the same fight flow. There's NO point and I sincerely hope Floyd doesn't offer that. Stay retired.
    It sounds like you made up your mind before even watching tonight. You either weren't paying attention or refuse to. And, you're factually incorrect in the statement that people weren't giving Bradley "no chance". You have no credibility when you lie like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      PAC did better than I thought in the first half, that *****ty stream skewed my perceptions. This was similar to the first PAC Bradley fight. He looked good here, better than the second fight for sure.
      this was his best one yet out of the other 2. he really stole and took this one away from bradley. there was no controversy what so ever. clear straight win for manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Which is why a rematch with Floyd is pointless. I saw no improvement or change in Manny Pacquiao whatsoever against an opponent the majority of boxing fans felt would have no chance at beating him.

I didn't see Manny try that much harder against Bradley than he did against Algieri. If anything, Bradley lost focus after the first knockdown - which I still felt was BS - and got dejected. We got no firemen speech, so Bradley wasn't fired back up as expected.

I saw Bradley try for a counter overhand on at least 15 occasions but he was too slow to snap it out. Where Floyd would have handily landed it because Manny was wide open.

Fighting TBE again would result in the same outcome and the same fight flow. There's NO point and I sincerely hope Floyd doesn't offer that. Stay retired.
        floyd hardly countered pac at all in their fight. almost all his punches were lead punches and not very clean at that since pac was picking them off but flyod still got credit for some reason. floyd was just too scared to go for the counters. instead when pac came foward he held or bent completely over at the waist and looked at the canvas. he couldn't deal with pacs speed. thats why manny was hitting him flush so often. it was either get hit or do the clinching/bending over thing. he got the decision because of the "fight flow" as you call it because it certainly wasn't based on clean punching.

Comment

• Atlas: 'I'd rather die' than see Bradley lose

Should Atlas be on 24hr watch surveillance?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
            For all you fanboys of the lienal championship, Manny is now the first and only 5 division lineal champion. Lets see how important it is now.
            5 lineal champion
            8 division champion

unbelievable. unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              So do we just keep the lineal title vacant forever if the holder retires? I mean, as far as I'm concerned, the #1 and #2 WWs fought tonight.
              Obviously not.

The new lineage starts when the conensus #1 and #2 fight and I don't see how they're the consensus #1 and #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                floyd hardly countered pac at all in their fight. almost all his punches were lead punches and not very clean at that since pac was picking them off but flyod still got credit for some reason. floyd was just too scared to go for the counters. instead when pac came foward he held or bent completely over at the waist and looked at the canvas. he couldn't deal with pacs speed. thats why manny was hitting him flush so often. it was either get hit or do the clinching/bending over thing. he got the decision because of the "fight flow" as you call it because it certainly wasn't based on clean punching.
                It's crazy because you actually believe this ****.

Get help man, seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Obviously not.

The new lineage starts when the conensus #1 and #2 fight and I don't see how they're the consensus #1 and #2.

How aren't they? They absolutely are. Until Maidana returns to WW Pac and Bradley are 1 and 2. Thurman is a distant 3rd on my list.

Comment

• A lot of you guys had this fight way too close. Tim fought a wonderful fight, but Manny is just bad stylistically for him. Tim can't time Manny's punches and Manny's foot speed is too much for Tim to handle. I scored it 117-110 (Scored the first round even, so 8 rounds to 3 for Pac)

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                      Kind of like the only reason Floyd regained P4P #1 was because of the victory of another man. Kind of works both ways.

And let's be honest could have easily been #1 before Floyd had he got the Oscar fight first. He had just as much claim as Floyd.
                      Meh, not really.

Floyd was universally considering #1 P4P until he retired in 2007.

Then Pacquaio filled a vacant slot.

Kept it warm for a few years for Floyd though. He did good.

Comment

Working...
                      X