Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naazim: Klitschko Was Scared, Fury Was Glad He Was!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    I totally agree. If there's one thing I'm not going to say is that a fighter – especially a HW – is "scared" or "a pussy" when stepping into that ring. Whatever champion or gatekeeper he may be, he already has more heart than most people. Anyone can be killed in a ring, especially from HW punches. Fear, sure, but not cowardice.

When it comes to Wladimir on that night, we saw an older man with a new family (plus a wife recovering from problems of her own), completely confused as shit at the sight of this huge, youthful and hungry contender in Fury, clowning around and using great footwork.

It's like he was complacently expecting another Wach or Pulev, but found that he couldn't pull the trigger with all that superb head movement from Fury, the likes of which he probably hadn't seen in all his pro career (except perhaps on a lesser level like that of Mormeck or Povetkin). For whatever reason, there was just no confidence to shoot his jab and put a right hand behind it.

I don't what the detractors of that fight say, I thought it was fucking fascinating! It was almost like watching the patient, fencing/chess match style of 19th century boxing, where the range was longer and their backs were straight; back when it was [i]not/i] a good idea to take a punch to the head.
    Good post i agree. Fury did a great job but some Philly tough guys cant accept it because they hate Fury for obvious reasons. Fury once had beef with Naazim at the Fury/Cunningham press conference, of course he doesnt like the big mouth brit!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      ****m the philly tough guy was complaing fury was using his weight and arms LOL

****m the prophet said fury only wins because he's big, and yet he outboxed wlad, and bullied his fighter.

those philly tough guys all have big mouths and love to hear themselves speak
      STFU pvssy!!...Philly tough guys?!?....you sound like a nerd

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
        Good post i agree. Fury did a great job but some Philly tough guys cant accept it because they hate Fury for obvious reasons. Fury once had beef with Naazim at the Fury/Cunningham press conference, of course he doesnt like the big mouth brit!
        name those Philly tough guys you speak of

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          I totally agree. If there's one thing I'm not going to say is that a fighter – especially a HW – is "scared" or "a pussy" when stepping into that ring. Whatever champion or gatekeeper he may be, he already has more heart than most people. Anyone can be killed in a ring, especially from HW punches. Fear, sure, but not cowardice.

When it comes to Wladimir on that night, we saw an older man with a new family (plus a wife recovering from problems of her own), completely confused as shit at the sight of this huge, youthful and hungry contender in Fury, clowning around and using great footwork.

It's like he was complacently expecting another Wach or Pulev, but found that he couldn't pull the trigger with all that superb head movement from Fury, the likes of which he probably hadn't seen in all his pro career (except perhaps on a lesser level like that of Mormeck or Povetkin). For whatever reason, there was just no confidence to shoot his jab and put a right hand behind it.

I don't what the detractors of that fight say, I thought it was fucking fascinating! It was almost like watching the patient, fencing/chess match style of 19th century boxing, where the range was longer and their backs were straight; back when it was [i]not/i] a good idea to take a punch to the head.
          I'm so freakin glad you posted that. I was going to schedule an appointment with my psychiatrist because I actually loved the fight! Watching the head movement totally confuse Klit was a great thing to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by taste View Post
            I'm so freakin glad you posted that. I was going to schedule an appointment with my psychiatrist because I actually loved the fight! Watching the head movement totally confuse Klit was a great thing to watch!
            Any boxing fan should be able to appreciate a young, hungry lion slowly defanging a long time, top 3 p4p, champion.

The only people who claimed it was boring are casuals and butthurt Klittards.

Comment

Wlad made sure he finished on his feet and that's what was meant by "scared"!
              Wlad gave a slight effort in the closing minutes and had Fury hurt other than that he did nothing to win.
              What you saw was an ageing fighter who fought opponents who never fought back, Fury didn't do much if any but he did work lateral movement and stuck to it throughout the bout.
              An aging one dimensional guy like Wlad will struggle when made to move, if you stand in front of him your doing him a favor.
              Similar to Floyd avoiding Khan, nothing devastating about Khan except Floyd would need to use his legs and if he can't get to him early it could be a long night on older legs!
              I would expect Wlad to make the rematch a 5 round max effort and go for the KO! He will need to have multiple jabs working hard to track down Fury and set up right hands to the chest and use upper cuts as Fury illegally bends his head lower than his waist. He will because he isn't to keen on getting hit, unless he's hitting himself !!
              Wlad stops him or he is simply to old now!
              Ray

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                The only people who claimed it was boring are casuals and butthurt Klittards.
                I'm neither, and it was a really dull fight.

Comment

Klitchko's avantage: size and juicing. That's it. He's been in so many horrible fights it's hard to count.... But against Fury! Jesus... Rotten tomatoes gave it half a star!

Comment

And I gotta make it clear – I'm a supporter of both Wladimir and Fury, for many years. I have mad props for Fury and what he did, but I'm also realistic in that I can see Wladimir did not maximise his advantages and experience in there. Steward from 5 years ago would've straight-up bitchslapped him in the face for not letting his hands ago. "Dammit 'Ladimir, this is another Ibragimov... and Chambers!", he would've yelled.

Originally posted by taste View Post
                    I even enjoyed the Haye fight for the same reason, although it satisfied me greatly whenever Wladimir did land clean and gradually made Haye look like a bumbling clown. A late KO would've been satisfying, but a boxing clinic was the next best thing.

Again, I pay no mind to those who couldn't appreciate such a hugely important fight. I thought it was exciting as hell, knowing that either fighter could be KO'ed at any moment. Even watching it back, I love seeing all that nervous energy and twitching – the healthy yet competitive fear in both men. I even prefer such fights to Gatti-Ward slugfests. It's the technician in me.

Comment

spot on! and this is coming from a premium trainer/studier of the sport who is far more interesting to listen to than the likes of this "denium" character on here givin it lemon about his love for tramps that dont pay taxes or any of the other total losers hailing the ***** like hes some kind of god! pmsl...i cant wait for the rematch....or can i? in any event the ***** gets beaten badly by david haye (even in a warm up)also knocked the fack out by wilder so its best to avoid those fights.
                      look at it like this, a cruiser swept the ***** off his feet pretty easily and was winning on points (as naazim says) also, a nobody eastern european heavyweight done the diddy with the same punch! with haye or wilder or even tony josh it would be game over there and then and we ALL know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X