Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is 155 or 160 an issue if there is no same day weigh in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IllegalDeath View Post
    Lets see it this way,
    If GGG vs Canelo happens at 160

Canelo can re-hydrate to 165-175 plus on the fight night like he does everytime.
    GGG will re-hydrate to near 170 as well its not like suddenly for one fight he will go over 180.

If its at 155 Canelo like every fight will re to 170+ and if Canelo can get 15 extra pounds in a day so can GGG.

So the point is whatever weight they fight in, at fight night they will probably of the same weight - 155 wont stop GGG to get to his normal fight night weight just like it doesn't stop Canelo. I see no advantage for either fighter on either 155 or 160

Am I missing something here ?
    I think it will make a difference. I think GGG has to spend the time to make weight rather than working on the gameplan for the fight. His diet changes. His training procedure changes. His mindset and concentration may be affected as well.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      you are the idiot, I only repeat it what gggs team said , you can believe it or not, if you believe it then it means he wont be drained on your eyes, if you don't believe it then gggs team are full of lies...
      Nope!

You seem desperate to wield this quote as if it means anything. All teams and boxers say **** for all sorts of reasons.

It's a purely partisan effort from you to discredit GGG because you are a Canelo or Ward fan or similar ****** crap. Good luck with that.

I actually think Canelo is plenty good enough to possibly beat GGG without all this weight class crap. I just get annoyed by nut hugger fans with ****** arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
        Nope!

You seem desperate to wield this quote as if it means anything. All teams and boxers say **** for all sorts of reasons.

It's a purely partisan effort from you to discredit GGG because you are a Canelo or Ward fan or similar ****** crap. Good luck with that.

I actually think Canelo is plenty good enough to possibly beat GGG without all this weight class crap. I just get annoyed by nut hugger fans with ****** arguments.
        look back on my posting history, I been saying from way back that no title should be on the line for a cw fight... I would rather canelo fight ggg at 160 than at any other weight, that way he gives less room for the haters after he beats ggg, but still I know there will always be something to hate... I know that anyone from 154 to 168 is a fallacy, but try to explain that to the golovkids...
        Last edited by icha; 12-29-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          look back on my posting history, I been saying from wait back that no title should be on the line for a title fight... I would rather canelo fight ggg at 160 than at any other weight, that way he gives less room for the haters after he beats ggg, but still I know there will always be something to hate... I know that anyone from 154 to 168 is a fallacy, but try to explain that to the golovkids...
          Fair enough. I just get annoyed by the haters and the fanboys.

Look at it this way. Canelo fought at a cw to take on PBF. It took a toll on Canelo's speed and stamina. He agreed to it though because Floyd brings megabucks.

GGG at 34 is far less flexible in weight than a young fighter and has always been a 160lb fighter. He may say he can hit the weight easy but that's not even close to true. Try reading Breadman's awesome column. Only for monster money is GGG likely to take a fight that requires him to be well under his optimum ability. Canelo brings money but nowhere near Floyd money (yet).

Also Floyd is a properly smaller man. He would need a cw to even the scales. Canelo and GGG are at the same weight on fight night.

Ergo PBF and Canelo are different situations.

Comment

Working...
          X