No announcement yet.

Famous fighters who have been allegedly embarrassed in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    Shane Mosley supposedly got the better of Golovkin. That one is surprising but it supposedly happened.
    Really? I saw Mosley asked about it and he never said anything like it. He kind of laughed and give off the impression GGG is strong, but said it was just good work and he knows how to work.

Same with Canelo and GGG, apparently they just give each other good work. They're all top professionals, i'm sure they know how to give each other good sparring without needing to go and beat each other up sometimes.

Thats why i take all these stories with a pinch of salt, even the ones i listed earlier about what i heard like GGG being too much for Kovelev or Eubank Jr being too much for Froch. It's just stories and speculation because we know it wouldn't be that simple in a fight.

Besides it's sparring and different people are working different things. From the outside it might appear a guy is getting worked over when actually he might just be testing out his defence. There's no point in sparring if you're going in and blasting sparring partners out, what are you learning and practicing? We really need to look at it in context to get the full picture rather than a few video clips and stories.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 12-26-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Shane Mosley supposedly got the better of Golovkin. That one is surprising but it supposedly happened.
      I believe it bro

Comment

This was on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          There's video of that. I wouldn't really say he got the better of him. Mayweather was just way out of shape.

To add to the topic though. Khan supposedly got worked by Kell Brook when they were younger.

Khan says otherwise but he gets dumb defensive when talking about it, so I don't believe Khan.
          But Khan beat up Pac and took Wards best in sparring doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Oh boy with the ducking. Duck people are everywhere.

And Floyd vs Paul isn't allegedly anything. That sparring session is on youtube. The small print & less interesting aspect of that session is that Paul had a fight he was in camp for & Floyd had been sitting on his ass for a minute. A lot of these big names getting beat up or "losing" a sparring session tend to fit into that sorta realm, one lesser known or perceived guy preparing for a fight & the big name eating ding dongs & drinking yoohoo on the way to the gym.
            I'm not saying your lying. But do you find it funny that Floyds always in shape year round all his career. Except when it comes to this lol?

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
              I'm not saying your lying. But do you find it funny that Floyds always in shape year round all his career. Except when it comes to this lol?
              No not at all actually. I mean it should be basic boxing common sense that a fighter who's got a fight in 3wks & has been training for 5wks already is gonna be in better shape then that same boxer after x wks not in training or not in camp or just in camp two days ago for a fight thats 3mos away.

And for full disclosure, the particulars of the Spadafora vs Mayweather sparring session as best as I know them are that Spadafora was in training camp for a mid December title defense vs Renato Cornett. The sparring took place in December although idk the date only that it was before the Cornett fight took place on the 17th. Floyd hadn't fought for ~2.5mos in his own 130lb title defense & he wouldn't have another fight for ~3mos so it was smack dab in the middle of a 6mo layoff give or take.

So logic would dictate that fighter A would be in better shape than fighter B to most knowledgeable & reasonable boxing fans, the only hangup for some people is fighter B is named Mayweather lol.

Comment

No not at all actually. I mean it should be basic boxing common sense that a fighter who's got a fight in 3wks & has been training for 5wks already is gonna be in better shape then that same boxer after x wks not in training or not in camp or just in camp two days ago for a fight thats 3mos away.

And for full disclosure, the particulars of the Spadafora vs Mayweather sparring session as best as I know them are that Spadafora was in training camp for a mid December title defense vs Renato Cornett. The sparring took place in December although idk the date only that it was before the Cornett fight took place on the 17th. Floyd hadn't fought for ~2.5mos in his own 130lb title defense & he wouldn't have another fight for ~3mos so it was smack dab in the middle of a 6mo layoff give or take.

So logic would dictate that fighter A would be in better shape than fighter B to most knowledgeable & reasonable boxing fans, the only hangup for some people is fighter B is named Mayweather lol.
                some people being you Floyd fanatics who can't say anything critical about the guy. The fanboyism on here is hilarious.

Comment

Floyd gets a pass because he's on record and on video that he was eating cheetos and soda when he would spar Sweet Pea because he was broke as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    some people being you Floyd fanatics who can't say anything critical about the guy. The fanboyism on here is hilarious.
                    Idk how throwing out context to an event I have context to throw out about is fanboyism, but okay.

Comment

Idk how throwing out context to an event I have context to throw out about is fanboyism, but okay.
                      He's an idiot. Anyone who says anything positive about floyd is a fanatic. That's his ******ed logic. And that's all he contributed to a thread that isn't even really about floyd. Ignore him.

Comment

Working...
                      X