Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
    GGG KO's Jacob within four anyway.
    You predict he KO's Jacobs within four rounds so let's not even make the fight? God, I hate this argument that I see continuously on this board.

If that's the case why even make 95% of GGG's fights in the last 3 years in the first place?

Comment

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
      If Sergio Mora dropped Jacob, GGG KO's him with a jab!
      Great, so when the fight is made, place all your $$$ on GGG then.

That still shouldn't stop the fight from being made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Great, so when the fight is made, place all your $$$ on GGG then.

That still shouldn't stop the fight from being made.
        I'm not sure why all of the sudden you're acting as if 3-5m is a "reasonable" purse demand from the unknown B-side like Jacobs.

Golovkin made 2m for his PPV, and Canelo made 5m (+int'l revenue portion) from the Cotto/Canelo bout.

Jacobs has NOTHING that Golovkin wants. If he was serious and a real deal, he would be bending backwards to get a chance to prove himself vs GGG. Instead he's following Quillin's duck formula - "I'll fight him for May/Pac level money".

If BJS doesn't accept the offer, whatever it was, it should be TJ. No reason to get screwed out of a belt later on if he can take care of the mando now.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          I'm not sure why all of the sudden you're acting as if 3-5m is a "reasonable" purse demand from the unknown B-side like Jacobs.

Golovkin made 2m for his PPV, and Canelo made 5m (+int'l revenue portion) from the Cotto/Canelo bout.

Jacobs has NOTHING that Golovkin wants. If he was serious and a real deal, he would be bending backwards to get a chance to prove himself vs GGG. Instead he's following Quillin's duck formula - "I'll fight him for May/Pac level money".

If BJS doesn't accept the offer, whatever it was, it should be TJ. No reason to get screwed out of a belt later on if he can take care of the mando now.
          Jacobs is more known in the US than Billie Joe Saunders who was offered 6 mil.

Again, BJS was offered 6 mil so why can't Jacobs get at least 3?

Jacobs is ranked higher than BJS and has the better single victory. And why would Jacobs bend backwards to get a fight with GGG who is supposedly the most "ducked" fighter in boxing? Again, Jacobs is asking for less than what was offered to BJS so I'm not sure why you're saying Jacobs is "pricing himself out"?

Why in the world would people want to see GGG vs Taureno Johnson instead of Jacobs when Jacobs is the current WBA middleweight champ and TJ is a mandatory. Either way, GGG would keep a belt if he were to win.

Comment

• Lmao at all you people saying Jacobs is this highly skilled person yet right before the Quillin fight not one of you would of voted for Jacobs to win. Get the **** out of here I bet if Golovkin did fight and beat Jacobs you'll call him a bum anyways.

Comment

• Love to see this fight.

I just wish Jacobs had a chin. That will be his downfall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
                Lmao at all you people saying Jacobs is this highly skilled person yet right before the Quillin fight not one of you would of voted for Jacobs to win. Get the **** out of here I bet if Golovkin did fight and beat Jacobs you'll call him a bum anyways.

Ummm, I've been saying Jacobs would KO Quillin for some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Love to see this fight.

I just wish Jacobs had a chin. That will be his downfall.
                  To be fair, Lemiuex was standing up to GGG's head shots, but it was the body that hurt him.

The question is what happens when Jacobs hits GGG flush?

Can GGG outbox Jacobs in an honest fight?

These questions need to be answered.

Comment

• For those that missed it, Team Jacobs is asking for $3-5 mil to fight GGG.

This is BJS on his offer from Team Golovkin:

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      Jacobs is more known in the US than Billie Joe Saunders who was offered 6 mil.

Again, BJS was offered 6 mil so why can't Jacobs get at least 3?

Jacobs is ranked higher than BJS and has the better single victory. And why would Jacobs bend backwards to get a fight with GGG who is supposedly the most "ducked" fighter in boxing? Again, Jacobs is asking for less than what was offered to BJS so I'm not sure why you're saying Jacobs is "pricing himself out"?

Why in the world would people want to see GGG vs Taureno Johnson instead of Jacobs when Jacobs is the current WBA middleweight champ and TJ is a mandatory. Either way, GGG would keep a belt if he were to win.
                      The 6mill offer to BJS is not official, and is highly suspicious. As I pointed out, it's far and above what he and that match is worth. The only way it actually happened is if someone big is sponsoring it. If someone is sponsoring it, it's for the unification. Jacobs does nothing for Golovkin. I don't see it being sponsored.

This is not an argument. Asking for 3-5m is absolutely ridiculous on Jacobs' part. Somehow it's looking 'reasonable' in casuals' eyes because BJS tweeted 6m. Make no mistake about it - 5m is excellent money, and Jacobs is nowhere near that level. He doesn't bring near the popularity of Lemieux who got 1.5m. As for you saying that Jacobs is better than known than BJS.. Sure. Nobody knows who either of them are in the US. I've lived in NYC for 10 years and never, ever heard or seen anything Jacobs related.

As for why people want to see TJ vs Jacobs? TJ is mandatory. Last thing we want to see is some ****ty organization strip Golovkin for failing to follow the rules (see: Fury & IBF)
                      Like I said, Jacobs does nothing for Golovkin. He doesn't hold any belts, he has no popularity/following, he's already been exposed by Dima and to top it all off, he's represented by Haymon, with whom HBO has only dealt with when they had to (Russell/Loma & May/Pac).

This fight's not happening in 2016 unless WBA mandates it.

Comment

Working...
                      X