No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    The 6mill offer to BJS is not official, and is highly suspicious. As I pointed out, it's far and above what he and that match is worth. The only way it actually happened is if someone big is sponsoring it. If someone is sponsoring it, it's for the unification. Jacobs does nothing for Golovkin. I don't see it being sponsored.

This is not an argument. Asking for 3-5m is absolutely ridiculous on Jacobs' part. Somehow it's looking 'reasonable' in casuals' eyes because BJS tweeted 6m. Make no mistake about it - 5m is excellent money, and Jacobs is nowhere near that level. He doesn't bring near the popularity of Lemieux who got 1.5m. As for you saying that Jacobs is better than known than BJS.. Sure. Nobody knows who either of them are in the US. I've lived in NYC for 10 years and never, ever heard or seen anything Jacobs related.

As for why people want to see TJ vs Jacobs? TJ is mandatory. Last thing we want to see is some ****ty organization strip Golovkin for failing to follow the rules (see: Fury & IBF)
    Like I said, Jacobs does nothing for Golovkin. He doesn't hold any belts, he has no popularity/following, he's already been exposed by Dima and to top it all off, he's represented by Haymon, with whom HBO has only dealt with when they had to (Russell/Loma & May/Pac).

This fight's not happening in 2016 unless WBA mandates it.

Jacobs doesn't hold any belts?

Jacobs does nothing for GGG, but Taureno Johnson or Billy Joe Saunders does? BJS has already said he needs at least 18 months to fight GGG.

Jacobs just KO'd Peter Quillin in the 1st round and you say he doesn nothing for GGG? If that's the case, what did Geale, Rosado, Macklin, Stevens, Ouma, Murray, etc do for him?

Regardless of what you say, fact still remains is that BJS is on record saying he'll be "6 mil heavy" for fighting GGG.
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-31-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      For those that missed it, Team Jacobs is asking for $3-5 mil to fight GGG.

This is BJS on his offer from Team Golovkin:

Just because this guy is saying this doesn't make it true. Maybe that is what he thinks he could potentially make after PPV sales revenue or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Just because this guy is saying this doesn't make it true. Maybe that is what he thinks he could potentially make after PPV sales revenue or something?
        Just about all GGG opponents get an HBO return date. Maybe he gets 2, at 1m each if he doesn't lose consecutive. Then 2-3m guarantee for GGG, with 1-2m in Ppv upside. That's about the only way to make sense of the figure

Comment

But why doesn't it make it true?

Because you can't see BJS making that much?

I'd rather hear someone from Team Golovkin deflect these claims than guys that merely post on a boxing website. No offense.

Comment

• Jacobs happy knowing that fight will never happen lol.

Comment

Jacobs doesn't hold any belts?

Jacobs does nothing for GGG, but Taureno Johnson or Billy Joe Saunders does? BJS has already said he needs at least 18 months to fight GGG.

Jacobs just KO'd Peter Quillin in the 1st round and you say he doesn nothing for GGG? If that's the case, what did Geale, Rosado, Macklin, Stevens, Ouma, Murray, etc do for him?

Regardless of what you say, fact still remains is that BJS is on record saying he'll be "6 mil heavy" for fighting GGG.
              It's like talking to a wall.

Jacobs holds the inferior version of the WBA belt that Golovkin already has. So again for the 4th time, NO, he does not bring any belts to the table.

Again, for the 5th time, TJ is IBF mandatory. If he doesn't fight him or has a unification fight, he can get stripped of the belt.
              BJS is a better opponent than Jacobs in every single regard. He's undefeated (unlike Jacobs, who got shifted into oblivion by Dima). BJS' best win is same as Jacobs' best win, since Lee and Quillin drew. And he brings the opportunity to unify.

And lastly, for the 78th time, I already explained that a misspelled tweet is NOT a fact and neither 6m for BJS nor Jacobs make sense. Literally every single person in this thread has said exactly the same thing. If someone is willing to pay 6m to BJS, it doesn't mean they would pay for Jacobs.

GGG/BJS is a ~3m/2m fight. GGG/DJ is a 1.5m/1m fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Just about all GGG opponents get an HBO return date. Maybe he gets 2, at 1m each if he doesn't lose consecutive. Then 2-3m guarantee for GGG, with 1-2m in Ppv upside. That's about the only way to make sense of the figure
                Yeah, it has to be something like that because 6M is a LOT of money for either one of these guys for just one fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  It's like talking to a wall.

Jacobs holds the inferior version of the WBA belt that Golovkin already has. So again for the 4th time, NO, he does not bring any belts to the table.

Again, for the 5th time, TJ is IBF mandatory. If he doesn't fight him or has a unification fight, he can get stripped of the belt.
                  BJS is a better opponent than Jacobs in every single regard. He's undefeated (unlike Jacobs, who got shifted into oblivion by Dima). BJS' best win is same as Jacobs' best win, since Lee and Quillin drew. And he brings the opportunity to unify.

And lastly, for the 78th time, I already explained that a misspelled tweet is NOT a fact and neither 6m for BJS nor Jacobs make sense. Literally every single person in this thread has said exactly the same thing. If someone is willing to pay 6m to BJS, it doesn't mean they would pay for Jacobs.

GGG/BJS is a ~3m/2m fight. GGG/DJ is a 1.5m/1m fight.
                  Stopped reading right there.

How is BJS beating Andy Lee, who drew with Quillin, was KO'd by Chavez Jr and Brian Vera better than Jacobs KO'ing Quillin in one round.

Can't take you seriously. By all means, think how you'd like to think and feel how you'd like to feel.

Happy New Year.

Comment

But why doesn't it make it true?

Because you can't see BJS making that much?

I'd rather hear someone from Team Golovkin deflect these claims than guys that merely post on a boxing website. No offense.
                    Sure, it's just like Khan saying some crap about giving Pac 2 days to sign the contract when they never got one or Arum lying about Pac's PPV numbers or something. My point is that people lie for various reasons and 6M is an outrageous amount of money for one person to make on this particular fight, unless there are numerous other financial details that haven't been revealed yet.

Comment

Sure, it's just like Khan saying some crap about giving Pac 2 days to sign the contract when they never got one or Arum lying about Pac's PPV numbers or something. My point is that people lie for various reasons and 6M is an outrageous amount of money for one person to make on this particular fight, unless there are numerous other financial details that haven't been revealed yet.
                      This is what I'm banking on.

Comment

Working...
                      X