No announcement yet.

The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Showtime" Porter Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    Hate to say it but I'm not overly pumped to see this fight. It's a pretty predictable Thurman win for me. Brook already showed how to beat the overrated brawler, clinch, clinch, clinch...And I've been a huge Brook basher. That's the thing, beating Porter is like beating Golovkin. Thurman's standing will shoot up astronomically. Just look at Brook's standing. Everyone treat him like he's the second coming of SRL after he beat the brawler.
    Thurman doesn't clinch and he doesn't have Kell's jab or right hand, it will be a completely different fight. What Thurman has over Kell is mobility/athleticism, he works the body a lot more and he's a better hooker.

I don't think it will be as straight forward as you think, it'll be a close UD either way imo.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Thurman doesn't clinch and he doesn't have Kell's jab or right hand, it will be a completely different fight. What Thurman has over Kell is mobility/athleticism, he works the body a lot more and he's a better hooker.

I don't think it will be as straight forward as you think, it'll be a close UD either way imo.
      With a style like Porter, Thurman will clinch, clinch, clinch. He won't be able to avoid it. I know One Time rarely clinch, but I saw him do it in the Collazo fight in a few instances without effort, if I remember correctly. To his credit it wasn't consistent. He didn't clinch when Collazo landed a hard left to Thurman's ribs... I don't like Porter's style is what I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
        With a style like Porter, Thurman will clinch, clinch, clinch. He won't be able to avoid it. I know One Time rarely clinch, but I saw him do it in the Collazo fight in a few instances without effort, if I remember correctly. To his credit it wasn't consistent. He didn't clinch when Collazo landed a hard left to Thurman's ribs... I don't like Porter's style is what I'm saying.
        I think he will avoid it by using his feet. He might do it once or twice here and there, but it wont be a gameplan, he'll simply try to stay out of Porter's reach and walk him into shots, it won't be easy though.

Porter's actually a good boxer when he's not the aggressor, he's got a nice double jab, quick feet, speed etc, but his ring IQ isn't great, he can't stick to a gameplan. Look at his first fight against Diaz for example, he boxed real nice for the first two rounds, using his jab, throwing good straight right hands, then he got carried away and started to go toe to toe, hooking and letting Diaz back into the fight.

Anyway, this fight will clear up a lot of questions at 147. Hopefully the winner fights either Danny or the Khan-Brook winner.

Comment

Porter doesn't stand a f1cking chance, you hear me? Not one ****ing chance...this fight is a mirage, fools gold.

Comment

Thurman is probably off soul searching in an enchanted forest with a hookah and a hacky sack.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
              I'll type it out as if were talking to a 9 year old, perhaps you'll understand it better.

The fight itself is not one sided, it's about as 50/50 of a fight you can get.

HOWEVER, I personally believe that Thurman will win a one-sided fight.

Does that make sense to you, amigo? Translate it to Spanish if it helps.
              I know exactly what you meant.

And again, how will he win a one sided fight? I guess Porter is just going to stand there with earmuffs like Clottey did against Pacmonster.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                I know exactly what you meant.

And again, how will he win a one sided fight? I guess Porter is just going to stand there with earmuffs like Clottey did against Pacmonster.

If you still don't get it at this point, I don't think you ever will.

Thurman will outbox him easily, just watch. I don't need to explain any further.

Comment

Thurman stops porter. Showtime is tailor made for one time. It will be exciting for however long it lasts.

Comment

Porter takes Some Times to a dark place and drowns him.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                      If you still don't get it at this point, I don't think you ever will.

Thurman will outbox him easily, just watch. I don't need to explain any further.
                      Considering the fact that it's an opinion with no supporting evidence behind it, yes you kind of do, if you want that opinion respected in any way.

Comment

Working...
                      X