Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont pros dip their rear knee much when they throw a straight right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont pros dip their rear knee much when they throw a straight right?

They arnt getting much leg into the punch, although they get a bit, it isnt an optimal amount

No good reason, just bad technique.

Straight right takes a lot of time and reps to develop. Most trainers don't really know how to train it properly either.

If you think About how many fighters really have a good cross in the pros?

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      No good reason, just bad technique.

Straight right takes a lot of time and reps to develop. Most trainers don't really know how to train it properly either.

If you think About how many fighters really have a good cross in the pros?

Im not sure you are right, I think they are trying to root and drive with the legs at the same time and so they have to compromise both to get optimal power. Its no good having perfect rooting/"sitting" if you cant get your legs into the punch, (or a full range of motion for that matter) and its no good if you get your legs in perfectly but have no rooting, optimal probably lies in-between the two. Either that or the pros suck.
      Last edited by AlexKid; 12-15-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        They arnt getting much leg into the punch, although they get a bit, it isnt an optimal amount
        Im not sure you are right, I think they are trying to root and drive with the legs at the same time and so they have to compromise both to get optimal power. Its no good having perfect rooting/"sitting" if you cant get your legs into the punch, (or a full range of motion for that matter) and its no good if you get your legs in perfectly but have no rooting, optimal probably lies in-between the two. Either that or the pros suck.
        did you ask this question so you can answer it yourself to feed your ego?

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
          did you ask this question so you can answer it yourself to feed your ego?
          no to get confirmation or an alternative idea on whats going on, I have ideas im not sure if they are right, if he come back with a better argument/point I will happily investigate it/be persuaded

Comment

I really have no clue what your talking about so I'll stick with my theory, that they just don't have a clue how to.

Comment

they do when they can when the opponent is like a punching bag.
              they dont because their opponent moves around, not a bag.
              it all depends on situation

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                they do when they can when the opponent is like a punching bag.
                they dont because their opponent moves around, not a bag.
                it all depends on situation
                name 1 instance where this happened where I can look it up on you tube

Comment

I think it all depends on a fighters technique. Im sure all pros at least at the B level know how to throw a proper cross but if its not in their style to throw a right hook with their knee bent, than it just wont work. Like honestly, do you think a guy like Devon Alexander wouldve been champion if he sat down on every right cross he threw? Im more than positive he knows how to throw a proper right cross but it doesnt suit him or his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    I think it all depends on a fighters technique. Im sure all pros at least at the B level know how to throw a proper cross but if its not in their style to throw a right hook with their knee bent, than it just wont work. Like honestly, do you think a guy like Devon Alexander wouldve been champion if he sat down on every right cross he threw? Im more than positive he knows how to throw a proper right cross but it doesnt suit him or his style.
                    doesn't suit any of them

Comment

Working...
                    X