Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont pros dip their rear knee much when they throw a straight right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Dj3-3C_3M
    dont ask me when LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      Thanks its still a subtle dip, even when he has him against the ropes. But good point thx for vid

Comment

not sure what you mean by dipping rear knee.

Comment

Because they suck, it's really that simple. It's stuff like this that honestly makes me question the level of boxing at times, guys like Rios who resign themselves to fighting the "wrong" way piss me off so much..

Canelo/Frampton...both have really good right hands...Diego Chaves has a great one ...All similar styles..All guys who has mastered the technique, doesn't mean they can always execute it..Lara's left...Joshua's right hand was pretty good while Whyte's was embarrassing , he was literally slapping

Broner and Floyd have great right hands...

The simple truth is there are world champion boxers who don't throw their punches properly ...

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            Because they suck, it's really that simple. It's stuff like this that honestly makes me question the level of boxing at times, guys like Rios who resign themselves to fighting the "wrong" way piss me off so much..

Canelo/Frampton...both have really good right hands...Diego Chaves has a great one ...All similar styles..All guys who has mastered the technique, doesn't mean they can always execute it..Lara's left...Joshua's right hand was pretty good while Whyte's was embarrassing , he was literally slapping

The simple truth is there are world champion boxers who don't throw their punches properly ...
            Floyd does it the same as everyone else he is just a little faster and sharper, he is making better use of the hips than most, but hes not using the rear leg more than anyone else

Comment

Originally posted by roademier View Post
              not sure what you mean by dipping rear knee.
              You are supposed to have your rear leg on a pivot with you leg turned out from your body...When you shoot a right hand you explode off the rear foot turning the pivot you have ****ed(this will cause your knee to dip and come in towards your body) , push through the hips and release the shoulder while shooting the punch....

One of the very best at it was Chris Eubank though he looped his right hand quite often...Randall Bailey is another guy who can throw a great one

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post

Maybe boxing is full of idiots, maybe its the only sport to regress with time in some areas, maybe it is the slowest to evolve, maybe other high level sports are wayyy ahead in terms of technique skill coaching and technical progress?

Or maybe we forum dwellers are too full of ourselves and ignorant?

One things for sure, someones wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  Thanks its still a subtle dip, even when he has him against the ropes. But good point thx for vid
                  np, but if u dip any lower...... would be too exaggerated/slow/unnecessary.... when u bend that low, u throw an OHR like https://youtu.be/NSn3wWoKz-k?t=1626

and i think someone mentioned:
                  u dont have to dip the knee for "perfect form"
                  u pivot ur right foot.
                  and if ur stance is proper, the knee has to compensate to keep the stance balanced by "dipping" a little bit.
                  Last edited by nivek535; 12-15-2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                    np, but if u dip any lower...... would be too exaggerated/slow/unnecessary.... when u bend that low, u throw an OHR like https://youtu.be/NSn3wWoKz-k?t=1626

and i think someone mentioned:
                    u dont have to dip the knee for "perfect form"
                    u pivot ur right foot.
                    and if ur stance is proper, the knee has to compensate to keep the stance balanced by "dipping" a little bit.
                    cool

Love that way of throwing a cross or o.h. so safe, even relatively safe against the uppercut

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                      Maybe boxing is full of idiots, maybe its the only sport to regress with time in some areas, maybe it is the slowest to evolve, maybe other high level sports are wayyy ahead in terms of technique skill coaching and technical progress?

Or maybe we forum dwellers are too full of ourselves and ignorant?

One things for sure, someones wrong.
                      Believe me I often wonder about it...I have people who come to my house and train with me and tell me I should be a boxer..Sometimes I think "yeah, look at Mike Alvarado's pathetic shadow boxing" Then I watch Maidana hit Broner with punches that I never want to see coming my way...It's hard to tell..But some guys like Devon Alexander actually make me think Champions are a joke some times...How that guy ever got to that level boggles my mind..

I think the fault falls to the trainers... People can learn multiple languages, astrophysics, gymnastics, to paint, to draw and you're telling me some people just can't throw straight punches...

I train all the time..I know the agonising mind fu(k it is trying to get your body to throw the punches properly when it rebels against your bodies natural way but after a while you learn to identify that feeling and know when you are making improvements because of it...

The reason I will probably never box competitively is because of my respect for boxing technique

Comment

Working...
                      X