Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has an elite boxer ever been Koed in 13 seconds or 1 punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Not quite apples to apples. With mma the stoppage was forced more quickly because he was able to strike his opponent on the ground to force the quick stoppage. If this had been a boxing match, the knockdown would've allowed a chance to get up.
    this right here, this is why I love boxing you get to see what a fighter is all about. That fool aldo in boxing would have been able to take the count and survive the round and comeback to win we have seen it plenty of times.

Comment

What about peter quillin 2 weeks ago.

Comment

2 time HW champion John Ruiz got knocked out in 19 seconds by david tua. It was before he was champion...

Comment

No elite boxer would ever run in like Aldo did. McGregor didn't have to do anything. The guy beat himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            No elite boxer would ever run in like Aldo did. McGregor didn't have to do anything. The guy beat himself.
            It was so bad, the guy was literally sliding in

Comment

It is all in the gloves folks. Careers of boxers would be a few months if they used those MMA gloves. Aldo is a beast and got caught with a good counter. Props to McGregor!

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                Well... How about 60 secs ?....

Dawson is not equivalent to Aldo. Aldo and McGregor are the best pound for pound fighters in MMA. This fight was Mayweather vs Pacquaio in their prime.

13 seconds is an embarrassment, sorry but it is. I respect MMA, they are tough dudes but Aldo threw a back alley amateur punch and McGregor just tooko a tiny step back and threw the left and KO'd him.

If I was there, if I paid for that **** I would be pissed the fuk off. Embarrassing for MMA and more so for Aldo. He was shook from the moment the fight was signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Not quite apples to apples. With mma the stoppage was forced more quickly because he was able to strike his opponent on the ground to force the quick stoppage. If this had been a boxing match, the knockdown would've allowed a chance to get up.
                  This + taking in consideration the lighter gloves is why I think its much less likely to happen in boxing on any level.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen_Fighter View Post
                    It is all in the gloves folks. Careers of boxers would be a few months if they used those MMA gloves. Aldo is a beast and got caught with a good counter. Props to McGregor!
                    Idk about careers would be THAT short, although likely shorter. I do think Tyson's string of 90 second KO's would have been considerable shorter than 90 seconds with MMA gloves. And certainly more guys would be getting KTFO & surely some would be getting KTFO way quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                      Well Manny went to sleep from one punch. He's about as elite as you get.
                      That was the 6th round and he had already beeen repeatedly hit with the same punch and previously knocked down hard before the final TKO.

Comment

Working...
                      X