Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank Jr vs Danny Jacobs - Who Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Never said that Eubank Jr has to control the distance; simply pointing out that Eubank Jr can punch, Eubank Jr can fight from range, in-close, and off the back foot, and that Eubank Jr would walk into any such fight as the taller man, longer man, and the physically bigger man.

Gabriel Rosado, in his debut fight at middleweight, had plenty of success against Gennady Golovkin when he sat and fought; Golovkin had the blood and swelling on both eyes to show it. Ignore that reality if you want.

K2 will continue with the kid gloves on Golovkin, refusing to step in with anyone primed to expose the hype, until Golovkin can at least lock away one major payday for K2.
    he lost every round and was stopped because his corner thought he was going to die. how do you twist that into something else? because he landed a couple solid shots? and what happened to him in return? forget that part? oh yea lost every round and was stopped

Comment

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
      Golovkin's frequently been the smaller MW in in the ring. I don't see much of an advantage here. If you're implying Eubank Jr will give him problems at any distance no matter what style, I will confidently disagree. Regardless, I'd love to see Jr strike a pose in front of GGG.

BTW - the reality you shouldn't be ignoring is the fact that Golovkin was recovering from the flu in the Rosado fight. And, that Gabe's face looked quite a bit worse than Gennady's when his corner stopped it.
      Gabe Rosado's face looked terrible because of the amount of blood that was coming out of his facial cuts and the split lip; wipe the face off and put some adrenaline 1/1000 in the cuts for a bit and Rosado basically ends up with heavy swelling on that left eye.

Watch the interview with Max Kellerman, Golovkin's nose got beat up a decent amount and Golovkin had obvious welts under both eyes, with what looked to be another welt settling in over his right right. (even before the interview, after Rosado's face gets wiped up and he's talking with Golovkin, Rosado looks basically normal (sans the swelling left eye and a busted lip).

Lastly, this new "Golovkin is smaller than the guys that he steps in with" story needs to be stopped in the crib; in Golovkin's last 10 fights, please name the ones where he was the smaller man heading into the ring. Simply looking at BoxRec, you can count maybe three who were bigger than Golovkin (Rubio, Murray, Lemeiux). Add the five fights before that, and you may be able to add one more name (Tapia).

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        he lost every round and was stopped because his corner thought he was going to die. how do you twist that into something else? because he landed a couple solid shots? and what happened to him in return? forget that part? oh yea lost every round and was stopped
        Simply watch the fight. 1 and 2 were tentative, Rosado fought on solid terms Rds 3-5, near disaster in the 6th (rabbit punch gave Rosado enough time to clear his head and get back into the fight), did decent job in Rd 7, until that heavy double-jab, with about a minute to go in the round, made the cut really juice up, compelling the stoppage.

I've seen the full fight at least 6 times by now, so try informing yourself before spouting bull****.

Scar tissue cut aside, it's not like Rosado was taking some hellacious beating in there.

Then again, I doubt that you pay any real attention when watching a fight.

Comment

Working...
        X