Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo what you considered a "slick" boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    There's nothing slick about Canelo.

Is this someone's troll alt? What a fail bait thread.
    Never said he was slick, i just asked if u consider him to be. & nope this is my 1 & only account. I guess everyone has their own definition of slick. But like i tell anyone that dont like my threads, u dont like it, dont read or reply. Thanks for posting tho...

Comment

He outboxed and outslicked the supposedly slick Trout.

Canelo definitely has underrated slickness.

Comment

He's quite underrated in that regard.

Comment

he is probably one of the most slick boxers today

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Ive noticed Canelo has gained a fanbase of boxings purists. I am assuming its because he is more defensive vice offensive type of fighter. With that said, is Canelo slick?
            Id say he is elusive. To be slick he would have to be able to do it while throwing punches in return. He is either on the offense or the defense. Fortunately for him, is offense is good enough that usually not much comes back when he lets loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Rote memorized combinations don't really count as slick. The basic right hand/ right uppercut roll under isn't really being slick, as he would have done the movement if Cotto threw the hook or not.

Slick is being able to counter a counter.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                okay clearly there is a misconception ...Erislandy Lara one of my favourite fighters and a man I think beat Canelo.. but he is not slick at all..he is athletic, precise and effective.... Canelo can stand right in front of you , just lean a shoulder and make you miss...That is slickness..

Another over looked slick fighter is Billy Joe Saunders...He's closer to Whitaker than Crawford if you aren't a racist moron
                Lara is very slick, fighters like Lara are deceptive. He moves just enough for a punch to brush his skin at times, and will let you get inside at time and throw punches, but you don't see that none of them are landing, and he is delivering short crisp counters inbetween, then you throw in the legs, and movement, and counterpunching.

That is slickness. Just like Rigondeaux can crack you with a hook while turning with you.

You are slick when you can evade a combination, slip in counter punches, and get out.

Its not slick when you can just use good defense to avoid a combination but then have to get out to reset to start your own offense.

This is slick.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Rote memorized combinations don't really count as slick. The basic right hand/ right uppercut roll under isn't really being slick, as he would have done the movement if Cotto threw the hook or not.

Slick is being able to counter a counter.
                  You're quite clearly moving the goalposts on what your definition of "slick" is.

But I still remember you telling me that Nadal was a finesse player whereas Federer was all power lol so I don't really consider you any kind of authority in style.

Comment

He's to flat footed to be considered slick

Comment

Canelo isnt slick. But he's defensively sound. I mean he's about as slick as Oscar was in his prime. No1 calls Oscar slick tho

Comment

Working...
                      X