No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios leave Robert Garcia, this dude is not a serious trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    I think Sekbach might actually be the problem here, the camera makes Robert and Rios clown around more.

I remember there was a period of 2 years where Rios stopped talking to Sekbach, I think Rios had a PR person and manager working for him who advised him not to do any interviews with Elie or speak to him anymore because he was bad for Rios image because Rios would goof around and say stupid stuff.

AT this time Rios was still winning and more disciplined, but now that he is no longer with that manager and talks to Elie he started losing, Elie hangs around that gym every day almost no wonder they dont get things done.
    Haha well i was joking. And to be honest if he is a distraction at any point then it's Garcia's fault for allowing him into his gym. Elie is just doing his usual job of being an annoying little worm, nobody is forced to speak to him.

Comment

No one is going to reinvent the wheel with Rios, and Rios isn't going to respond well to a new coach. Rios and Garcia mesh well with each other.

Comment

LOL at the people defending Garcia. It's no coincidence his fighters constantly don't make weight. It all starts with him, he can't expect disciplined boxers when he himself is an unprofessional, lazy bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          The way he helped Maidana become a much better fighter proves how good he is as a trainer, funny thing is that the changes he made with Chino are exactly the same changes he must do with Rios, difference is Chino was about business and his time in the US was like a mission for him, he didn't go there to have fun and Robert to him was a trainer, not a friend. Rios on the other hand is the exact opposite, he needs someone who's more strict and who's gonna be harder on him than Robert.
          its on all the fighter, the trainer is not there to baby sit you. As you can see robert turned everyone who came to him serious into a world champion from nothing and others into being relevant again. Robert Garcia has More world champions than any other trainer.

Rios when he was serious he was a force to be reckon with but he hasnt really been serious since 135 which was like 4 years ago. Maidana came all buisness liek you said he was transformed.

Everyone knows Robert setup and everyone who trains with him likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            yup, I plan on running til Im 50 so I have 18 more years to go so my boys better get used to it...
            Good stuff, im trying to use an elliptical every day easier on the joints.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              No one is going to reinvent the wheel with Rios, and Rios isn't going to respond well to a new coach. Rios and Garcia mesh well with each other.
              How do explain Rios' improved training habits after leaving Garcia then?

Comment

Hectari calling shots

Comment

Good stuff, im trying to use an elliptical every day easier on the joints.

Comment

LMAO for real, dude is nothing but a sunflower seed eater yelling instructions from the corner while answering dumb questions from Elie Sekbach, while his son and three other guys do the mitt work and training of his fighters.

Garcia just clowns around the majority of the time, Its still funny how he never was their physically training nonito donaire, yet he was considered the head trainer, he just gave nonito instructions through the phone and showed up on fight night and fight week to work the corner but got paid big.

I mean can we blame him for making money? you gotta really blame Nonito and Brandon Rios for training under Garcia. Rios is way to loyal, I think he should move to another trainer and just tell Robert straight up, I need some discipline me and you are like friends and bros more than trainer and pupil. Do you think Robert will take it hard? I hope Robert understands but it seems trainers always take it to heart when a fighter leaves them.
                    It was the right decision. Rios needs a trainer who is going to focus on him and spend time training him, not divert training duties to his bum ass son or ex-convict friends.

Comment

What's with all the Garcia hate? He's not a strict disciplinarian like Atlas and May weather Sr. He is a well rounded trainer that truly focuses on strong fundamentals. Maidana did great under his tuteledge but then again Ariza was probably a big factor with making weight.
                      If I had to say what he lacks is obviously his fighters not making weight consistently, which he should just hire the right people to handle that aspect of training.
                      But the buck stops at the fighter themselves and I don't think Garcia is the type of high energy tyrant that many other trainers become to get results

Comment

Working...
                      X