Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the worst lineal HW champion of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    you can report me if you'd like. you've got a long standing history of racism. i don;'t think that's news to anybody.
    That's nonsense...

If I praise two black boxers and criticize one, you ignore what I said about the first two and say I need to show love for the third too, or else I'm a racist.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Tarver is an excellent commentator.

I was hoping he wouldn't lose his job.

Comment

I did vote Liston by mistake ,I meant to vote Carnera..being I thought it said most overatted fighter....

OVERATE....

have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved

I would say liston is the most overatted on the list because he is the only one qualified to be. The rest weren't thought of as real world beaters to begin with to overate them compared to what level Liston was.

Carnera easily top 3 here....I would say one.

Comment

Jess Willard was absolutely atrocious.

Comment

Douglas. There's a reason why it's considered the greatest upset in the history of sports.

Comment

WOW...this right here is an example of why I don't pay attention to polls on this site

How the hell does Shannon briggs have more votes than Leon Spinks? Dudes record was 26-17-3 and outside of a past prime and out of shape Ali, he lost to everyone he fought with a decent name

Shannon Briggs is no all time great but he has the most 1 punch kayos of all time and if they fought, Spinks would have been a victim

Briggs fought in a deep era......Briggs was flat out a better fighter than Spinks all around, he may be a nutjob but he was a good fighter in the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Jess Willard was absolutely atrocious.
              Willard had the title for a while and actually defended it. Douglas got sparked in his first defense.

Comment

Leon Spinks or Shannon Briggs?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Willard had the title for a while and actually defended it. Douglas got sparked in his first defense.
                  While that is true I give him a slight pass because on the night he won the title he was incredible.

Willard never really impressed from the film I have seen. Looks exactly like what he was, a big guy who took up boxing late in his life

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Douglas. There's a reason why it's considered the greatest upset in the history of sports.
                    Yes b/c Tyson then was a beast not because Douglas was terrible.No one on that list would even make it out of 3 rounds with Tyson even on that night.

Also Douglas wouldn't be considered worst HW based on a Tyson win but a Holyfield loss when he was 20 pounds overweight...Losing to holyfield dosnt exactly take away from ones standings.

Comment

Leon Spinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X