Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the worst lineal HW champion of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    I am not going to get in a debate with you because it is not worth it. But you seriously need to learn more about Liston's career and actually watch more of him, he was a tremendous fighter. Where are talking about fighting, Liston is so underrated by some.
    I have read all about him, and seen some of his fights on video. He's probably the most overrated boxer of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      I say Rahman, but Spinks and Briggs are just as bad.

Moorer had a ****ty title run, but he was a still a top talent. It's a shame he didn't have the passion or work ethic, as Emmanuel Steward said.

Not sure why Liston is on the poll. And I don't know enough about Carnera or Willard to have an opinion about them, so I'm not gonna pretend to be a boxing historian.

he's black.

and williard and carnera were basically sideshows who learned how to box a bit. carnera was a shill for the mob. he was banned from boxing in california for participating in a fixed comeback fight. lots of his fights were shady. guys would look to be beating him and then lose via DQ, etc.

i think williard was a much more legitimate fighter, just not a great talent. he got the f#cking garbage beaten out of him by jack dempsey, and lost the HW championship of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I have read all about him, and seen some of his fights on video. He's probably the most overrated boxer of all time.

he had a very good jab and was an absolutely vicious puncher. you should watch more!

Comment

So your opinion *****s the fact he beat 9 Ring top 10 ranked opponents (8kos, 1ud) before viciously stopping the lineal champion in one round? Then repeating that feat again?

Then losing to a fighter who many, including me, believe is the greatest HHeavyweight of all time.

Liston shouldnt be anywhere near this list with the likes of Briggs, Carnera, Willard and Rahman.

Edit: 9 was what I counted in the years leading up to his fight with Patterson, there may have been more that I dont know about.
          Last edited by Tom Cruise; 12-02-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            he's black.
            Right.

So he was a great champ and above criticism for that reason.

Comment

Right.

So he was a great champ and above criticism for that reason.

he's not above criticism. he lost to the best fighter he faced, and had a reign that wasn't on the level with the very best HW of all time. he's still a heck of a HW if you know what you're looking at, and doesn't belong on this list.

one of us is a well established racist, tunney boo boo. it's not me. i'm not even black

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                one of us is a well established racist, tunney boo boo. it's not me. i'm not even black
                It's against the boxingscene rules to call someone a racist, especially in NSB. Do you want to get banned?
                Last edited by The Hammer; 12-02-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

It's against the boxingscene rules to call someone a racist, especially in NSB. Do you want to get banned?

you can report me if you'd like. you've got a long standing history of racism. i don;'t think that's news to anybody.

Comment

How could anyone vote for the peoples champ?

Comment

I like Sonny Liston albeit I stand by the fact that I think he threw both Ali fights, I also rate him pretty highly.

Comment

Working...
                      X