Jean Pascal rips Kovalev at press conference for their upcoming fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
    Look, I expect Kovalev to win, but

Pascals counter punching genuinely befuddled Kovalev, he even hurt him twice, once to the body really hard

I think pascal is a tougher matchup than Stevenson for Kovalev

I expect this a tougher fight. Pascal can fight more carefully now. He has a nice style against kovalev

(and i have kovalev p4p top 3)

the one thing that i need someone else to chime in: Did Pascal drop kovalev prior to the fight's end? He certainly didn't hurt him, so I'm not sure Pascal can take anything out of it. At best, he just caught pascal with a lazy shot that hit him in the shoulder and kovalev was standing strange and lazy, but it looks like a slip. Either way, that's not where pascal should find hope. It's the other two shots.
    pascal actually KO'd kovalev for 20 minutes but trick photography made it look like kovalev won. you have a good eye for trickery hahahahhaaah

Comment

Pascal is my boy!! And so is Kovalev. I'll say this though, Adonis legit looks like a ****ing monkey. Can't nobody deny that. So, imo, if the man looks like a monkey, it's ok to say he does in my book. I know he's black and that might sound racist to some but not me. And Pascal is really reaching with that piece of **** talk. You can't call a black dude a piece of **** now?? Lol wtf??

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Wasn't the Panamanian Jones popped for PED use? or are you referring to the Roy Jones fight?
        thats what im saying remember only his A sample was positive not his B
        then don king said that the russian commission was trying to sabotage and frame him. so they had to do an immediate rematch

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
          So someone not aware of the racist history of the black-monkey comparison is a racist for making the comparison?

And because Stevenson is a piece of **** and Kovalev isn't fighting a white who has a similar history of raping children, Kovalev is a racist for calling Stevenson a piece of ****?

Has Pascal called any non Haitian fighters chickens? Might he be a self hating Haitian?
          Stop trying to make excuses for this guy. He's a flat out racist. He's been in America for almost a decade, he's aware of it. And it's just not an American thing. Soccer fans in Europe throw bananas at black players.

Originally posted by Kovalev
          I'm not a racist, I understand that everywhere there are good and bad guys, but these "tanned" every day I like less. I live in Florida, there are many illegal immigrants-islanders, I can see how they behave.
          One day after a battle with Grover Young, by the way, the only draw the match in your career, you have called your opponent "thoroughbred n*gga." Why?

Originally posted by Kovalev
          I was hurt that this "tanned" earn easy money.
          http://allboxing.ru/archives/2013-08...min%5D.html-10

Ring Tv: What are your thoughts Sergey Kovalev's comments about African Americans? Were they controversial or not in nature, due to the Russian language? In other words, what was your interpretation of what Kovalev actually said?

Shumenov: I was shocked when I heard about his racist comments that he said in reference about African Americans. There was no misinterpretation or lost in Russian-to-English translation of what he said. He will have to live with the derogatory words that he said in print and video. A lot of my team are African Americans, and they are more than members of my team, they are family to me. They have my back and I have theirs, and I have zero respect for racist views of any kind.

Comment

Respect Pascal all you want. I don't respect him at all. He doesn't deserve a rematch. He will get KOed again in his back yard. You don't win fights with BS at a press conference, you win with punches and he only throws 20 punches a round. He the guy who said he beat Hopkins because all close rounds go to the champion. He shouldn't disrespect Kovalev for given him a rematch and he is not the star at 175 with all his loses. Say goodnight, Pascal because the star and the champ Kovalev will put you to sleep AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              Stop trying to make excuses for this guy. He's a flat out racist. He's been in America for almost a decade, he's aware of it. And it's just not an American thing. Soccer fans in Europe throw bananas at black players.

One day after a battle with Grover Young, by the way, the only draw the match in your career, you have called your opponent "thoroughbred n*gga." Why?

http://allboxing.ru/archives/2013-08...min%5D.html-10

Ring Tv: What are your thoughts Sergey Kovalev's comments about African Americans? Were they controversial or not in nature, due to the Russian language? In other words, what was your interpretation of what Kovalev actually said?

Shumenov: I was shocked when I heard about his racist comments that he said in reference about African Americans. There was no misinterpretation or lost in Russian-to-English translation of what he said. He will have to live with the derogatory words that he said in print and video. A lot of my team are African Americans, and they are more than members of my team, they are family to me. They have my back and I have theirs, and I have zero respect for racist views of any kind.
              I thought I liked kovalev before now I really like him

Comment

I hope Pascal stops this racist neanderthal.

Comment

pascal got a gift on his last fight with gonzalez because promoters wanted to make this fight, i hope he gets a hell of a beatdown in a few rounds

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    I remember after the first fight people were complaining that the fight was stopped too early and wanted a rematch and what not. Now people are complaining that the rematch is happening. I guess that Gonzalez fight changed people's perspective.
                    Yea exactly. I thought Pascal did alright losing tbh if such a thing is possible when you do get stopped. He had some moments himself. Was damn near dead & had to have his kid leave the area only to comeback later on in the fight so she came back. This being some one sided Mike Tyson 91 second KO type fight isn't what happened. I might take issue with Pascal saying it was 4-3 or w/e, but he was in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                      I thought I liked kovalev before now I really like him
                      Thanks for letting me know which racist to put on ignore

Comment

Working...
                      X