Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was that more shocking than tyson-douglas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah man. Tyson/Douglas is still one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports. This was just an upset

Comment

NO!!!!!! Tyson was young and prime......Wlad is damn near 40

Comment

No way man.

What we had tonight was the classic younger fighter coming up, taking out the old veteran and bringing in a new era... in some respects it is the way things should be.

Douglas beating Tyson was far from that. Mike was on top of the world, nobody even thought about him losing (to Douglas anyway) because the guy was seen as virtually invincible in those years...Douglas was a massive underdog and stopped the train dead in its tracks whilst it was going full steam...different situations.

Comment

No. We didnt know how reckless Tysons lifestyle was back then. No internet, no twitter or NSB to spread rumors. Tyson was an unbreakable human being until that night. Tyson-Douglas is still the biggest upset in SPORTS history, let alone boxing.

Tonight was a solid upset, but not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
            In terms of an upset?
            cmon man look how bad Wlad looked in his last fight alone,it was a genuine 50/50 fight ...nobody would have predicted that though he straight out embarassed Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
              In terms of an upset?
              Not even close. And...even though the structure of the fight taught a similar parable, this fight was not even close to the Ali Liston fight. Fury did a great job and beat vegas...thats commendable! But this is one of those fights that foresnsically one could see coming, just as the Holm Rousey fight was actually.

Comment

It honestly wasn't even that big of an upset.

I said that a few days ago when some posters were telling me it would be the biggest upset ever. I'm like what?

He got outboxed. Saw it coming from the first round. It is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  NO!!!!!! Tyson was young and prime......Wlad is damn near 40
                  You did tell everyone constantly how easy it would be for Wlad though..

So it must have been a major upset to you?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    how was this an upset

i think Fury had more advantages then Wlad
                    I said Fury would beat Klitchko 2 years ago. Anybody who knows boxing knows its not an upset.

Comment

NO it wasn't as shocking.

Tyson was young and in his prime and Douglas wasn't regarded highly at all. Tyson Fury is a top 5 heavyweight and Wlad is almost 40.

Comment

Working...
                      X