No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko: I Knew I Needed a Knockout To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
    Ugh...I just do not get it...Fury is not a KO artist. He seems to have done really poor under Banks and should drop him.
    But Wlad doesn't leave ANYTHING to chance. He's fought just as cautious against lesser punchers than Fury and only opened up with shots when he got chance, which he never got.

That's the exact reason he often never got the respect he deserved from a lot of people during his time as champ, because he was very methodical and only threw when he knew he was in no danger.

That style he got stuck in come back to bite him tonight when he couldn't get that rhythm that he finds comfort in.

There's nothing to get. Fury is just a stylistic nightmare for a safety first fighter like Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
      Wladimir throughout his entire career had always problems with runners and stinkers. Ibragimov (no KO), Eddie Chambers (last second KO), David Haye (no KO).

Wlad will come back and KO Fury.
      Ive been a Wlad fan since High School but i am not sure he has it anymore. He really struggled with a limited Jennings because of movement. To beat Fury he will have to make big changes but how much does he have left?

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        But Wlad doesn't leave ANYTHING to chance. He's fought just as cautious against lesser punchers than Fury and only opened up with shots when he got chance, which he never got.

That's the exact reason he often never got the respect he deserved from a lot of people during his time as champ, because he was very methodical and only threw when he knew he was in no danger.

That style he got stuck in come back to bite him tonight when he couldn't get that rhythm that he finds comfort in.

There's nothing to get. Fury is just a stylistic nightmare for a safety first fighter like Wlad.
        You hit that right on! As a big Wlad fan he doesnt have the style anymore to beat Fury. His struggles against the limited Jennings proved that. Wlad was way off tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobarde Naranja View Post
          Please stop making yourself look like an utter fool. You are what I was talking about in the other thread. A guy who clearly doesn't even watch Wlad's fights but now that he lost is "giving us the breakdown". Wlad has beaten fighters taller and rangier than him to a pulp.

He is old and Fury has made big improvements in recent years. Period.
          I disagree and I am a big Wlad fan. Jennings proved Wlad struggled with movement. Fury fought exactly how he needed to, Wlad is his own worst nightmare because of his past. He came back which was a great accomplishment but also adapted into a low risk fighter. Fury and his team had it together for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by superchamp View Post
            Wlad IS a stinker. He refuses to fight on the inside, and clinches everytime his opponent gets close. I'm literally blown away that he's never lost a point for holding, as I don't think even John Ruiz clinched as much as Klitshcko does.

The problem for him tonight was that for once his opponent was able to land from distance, which completely nullified his gameplan of being the only one who can land from distance and never letting the opponent get off punches in close.

Fury might be sloppy and not nearly as polished, but he really showed how one dimensional Wlad's game plan has been, because even though he was getting outboxed from the outside, he still refused to even try to fight on the inside, although I'm confident that Fury would have outworked him there as well.

hes got no uppercut, no inside game and he doesnt know how to move his head to slip punches because never has to, hes always out of range. plus he showed he cant adjust if his style isnt working.

Comment

Originally posted by Strive 4 Truth View Post
              I disagree and I am a big Wlad fan. Jennings proved Wlad struggled with movement. Fury fought exactly how he needed to, Wlad is his own worst nightmare because of his past. He came back which was a great accomplishment but also adapted into a low risk fighter. Fury and his team had it together for this one.
              His movement helped a lot. He starved Wladimir and forced him to chase him which just isn't Wlad's thing, especially at his age.

I was disagreeing with the factually incorrect observation made that Wlad can't beat bigger fighters and only wins when he has a big height/reach advantage. That simply isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobarde Naranja View Post
                His movement helped a lot. He starved Wladimir and forced him to chase him which just isn't Wlad's thing, especially at his age.

I was disagreeing with the factually incorrect observation made that Wlad can't beat bigger fighters and only wins when he has a big height/reach advantage. That simply isn't true.
                Ok haha yes now I am with you. Yes I agree, can Wlad if he takes the rematch, make the adjustments at his age and temperament to win the rematch? Tough call eh

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  hes got no uppercut, no inside game and he doesnt know how to move his head to slip punches because never has to, hes always out of range. plus he showed he cant adjust if his style isnt working.
                  Wlad does have an uppercut he used it in other fights but Fury did a good job or keeping his head tight and not letting Wlad use it. Wlad slipped plenty of punches with head movement but a guy with the wing span of a Pterodactyl. Cant slip every punch with a reach like that, he could land punches on accident. Ill agree Wlad cant fight inside, was never built to and definitely never had to.

Comment

Yet, you put hands up at the reading of the scorecards. What did you expect...a robbery?

Comment

Great day for boxing. Thank you, Tyson Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X