Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Outpoints Klitschko To Lift Heavyweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US hasn't had a legitimate World Heavyweight Champion since Rahman in 2001

Nearly 15 years

In that time, the UK has had both Lennox Lewis and Tyson Fury

...I can see why some posters are so desperate to hype up Deontay Wilder, a sure sign of desperation.

That being said though, I can't wait for another legitimate US HW Champion. I want the Heavyweights to be the premier division again, so we don't have these bull**** catchweights and fake divisions that we see lower down the chain..

Comment

• WAR FURY!!!

A legend is born. An unstoppable force!

Comment

• I'm about to watch the replay is it worth it or was it a boring fight? Any buzzing punches?

Comment

• Wilder will feel pretty ****** now, he missed the chance to be the one who finally end wladimir's reign.

father time has caught wladimir, if only wilder and al-haymon's management have Balls

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            I'm about to watch the replay is it worth it or was it a boring fight? Any buzzing punches?
            its 36 dreadful minutes you'll never get back

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              its 36 dreadful minutes you'll never get back
              Seriously bro?

Comment

• That wasnt the best fury

IMO there is much more to this guy than he showed tonight, but even that was enough. I am really expecting a great stuff from tyson.

I think that he didnt fight the best he can and I also think he is still improving and both physically and mentally he is not in his peak.

I expect him to KO wilder, have a few easy defenses, end 2016, he beats haye, in 2017 has a great fight with joshua and beats him too. and then unfortunatelly i wouldnt be suprised if he losses motivation and stop improving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
                  im hearing a few say wlad is shot, this is not the case my dear friends.

wlad just hasnt fought anyone with the size, reach and awkwardness of fury. he looked nervous during the ring walk and was tentative all throughout the fight. fury mentally got to him just like ali got to liston.

tactically, fury put on a show. wlad rarely leads with right hands, he likes to throw the 1-2 so tyson stayed away from his jab therefore nullifying wlads right hand. he also kept his right hand up by his head to block any lead left hooks.

wlad doesnt have the bottle to throw it all on the line and go for a ko like other past great fighters have done. he is very cautious in nature and HATES unpredictability.

wlad not only got exposed as a human being but also as a boxer.
                  Spot on, i totally agree.

Comment

• I'm sorry but that fight was hot garbage

That didn't resemble boxing. That was two awkward giants pawing and clinching. They didn't even bother showing highlights between rds because there really weren't any. This fight was as bad as Rigo a week ago and these two have been training for months. You can't tell me with a straight face that this fight was better than Mayweather vs Pacquiao. I would spend $100 again on that fight before I'll watch this fight again for free.

Watching people praise this fight has been weird. But it confirms what I suspected about May/Pac. The reason that fight is hated is not because it was boring. It's hated because the bad guy won. Fury was the good guy this fight and he won. I'm a Wlad fan and if he'd won I'd say the same thing. Just like i did when he fought Povetkin.

Comment

• If Wilder can beat Povetkin, I see no reason why he doesn't dominate the division for a while. That fight was terrible. Fury was able to pretty much just stay out of the way, and Klitchko isn't used to fighting bigger guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X