No announcement yet.

Canelo Is Not a Middleweight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
    Holy **** this forum is overridden with dumb.
    Good arguments. I am sure you've boxed before, and I'm sure you know your boxing. Great post, by the way. Very well thought out.
    Last edited by sparkman0811; 11-27-2015, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
      Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.
      If your fighting at 154 at 17 (when canelo turned pro) at 25...your not a 154 ponder. If your 167 pounds 30 days out of the weigh in, you can fight at super middleweight.

Comment

He is a Middleweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          He is a Middleweight champion.
          Yes, he is. He beat a guy who came in at 153.5 for that Middleweight belt.

Comment

Alvarez is a caneloweight.

Comment

No ****, Sherlock. Just because a fighter comes in 1 lb. above the lower limit for the division, doesn't mean he is a true middleweight. How many of the top middleweights do you see willingly come in at 155. Show me a list of middleweight champions who come in at 155 for title fights. I can wait for an answer. Teenagers? Okay, ****. Have no idea what teenagers have to do with this.

And you do realize the Hopkins-De La Hoya fight is exactly the fight scenario playing out with GGG-Canelo right: a middleweight fighting a junior middleweight? Are you saying GGG can make 155? If he can, then what's the problem? There's your evidence, you miserable piece of subhuman ****.
              Sure he can, the other scenario for Oscar-hopkins fight are Hopkins hold the glory and oscar hold the money, is still the same scenario for GGG-canelo.

Hopkins purse for oscar fight are 16 mils that's in 2004, let see what kind of number GB have to offer to lure GGG to 155.

and you keep writing Canelo is not true MW he's been fighting in MW divison for two years and came at fight night at 175 lbs, he is even heavier than GGG at the fight night

stop slurping Canelo diarrhea, i know is full of tacos but it still stinks.

Comment

Come on, bro. Really? Cause he fights at 155, you consider him a true middleweight? That's the lower limit for middleweight. Find me other middleweights fighting at the highest level of the division, who can make 155. When have you seen any other champions at 160 come in at 155, just for kicks and giggles.
                are you stupid? no fighter, including canelo, would come into a 160 limit fight at 155. they have the option to, so he could fight GGG for that 160 belt at 160 and come in light at 155 if he wanted, but what moron apart from you would do that.

canelo made the choice to pay the sanctioning fee to compete for the middleweight championship, and has fought at 154.01-160 for 2 years... Canelo is a middleweight, absolute end of discussion, now delete this garbage
                Last edited by TheCleaner; 11-27-2015, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  Sure he can, the other scenario for Oscar-hopkins fight are Hopkins hold the glory and oscar hold the money, is still the same scenario for GGG-canelo.

Hopkins purse for oscar fight are 16 mils that's in 2004, let see what kind of number GB have to offer to lure GGG to 155.

and you keep writing Canelo is not true MW he's been fighting in MW divison for two years and came at fight night at 175 lbs, he is even heavier than GGG at the fight night

stop slurping Canelo diarrhea, i know is full of tacos but it still stinks.
                  Okay, I am done. We are not getting anywhere with this. Umm, yeah let's see who has the star power between GGG and Canelo, who pulls the higher paperview numbers? Wow, really stupid statement on your part. Again, it's really stupid to think Canelo is a middleweight because he has fights at 155 lbs. You do understand it's common for contracts to allow fighters to come in 1-3 lbs. above the weight limit, for non title fights, right?

GGG has fought several fights between 161-162 lbs. Does that mean he is a super middleweight? God**mn, you are ******ed. I am done with this.

Comment

If he's not a middleweight and he's not a junior middleweight, what the hell is he?

Answer - he's either a 'super junior middleweight' or a 'micro middleweight'.

Unfortunately for him those weight classes haven't been invented yet. Maybe he's the guy that will create those new divisions?

Comment

Yes, he is. He beat a guy who came in at 153.5 for that Middleweight belt.
                      So he beat a junior middleweight for the middleweight belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X