Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I Doubt Pacquiao Picks Khan, I Hope He Doesn't!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pacquiao would be utterly idiotic to pick crawford over khan.

crawford can embarrass pacquiao while khan struggled with algieri.

not only that, khan is the bigger money fight than crawford.

this is common sense but to a third world super religious uneducated boxer/politician, you never know....

Arum wants to crown crawford with the pacquiao win. Pacquiao i hope does the smart INDEPENDENT thinking for once and chooses khan, the easy win and preserves the floyd rematch.

you cant get another 100 million for a glorified sparring session with floyd again, if you got your arse handed to you by crawford. the khan fight could actually fool ppv viewers again and make pac look good. no chance in hell that happens vs crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
      pacquiao would be utterly idiotic to pick crawford over khan.

crawford can embarrass pacquiao while khan struggled with algieri.

not only that, khan is the bigger money fight than crawford.

this is common sense but to a third world super religious uneducated boxer/politician, you never know....

Arum wants to crown crawford with the pacquiao win. Pacquiao i hope does the smart INDEPENDENT thinking for once and chooses khan, the easy win and preserves the floyd rematch.

you cant get another 100 million for a glorified sparring session with floyd again, if you got your arse handed to you by crawford. the khan fight could actually fool ppv viewers again and make pac look good. no chance in hell that happens vs crawford.
      Good post! Khan is probably the only cash cow available @ 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Good post! Khan is probably the only cash cow available @ 147.
        Where does the Khan money come from then? Khan was knocked out in 58 seconds in his PPV debut after that he figured in a couple more flops and that was that ......so where America ...not liked........... Pakistan ............skint !
        The only reason he could do good figures ppv in the uk is that boxing fans want Brook to run him out the game and like me would pay to see him hammered again , I don't think the yanks are up for that !

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          Where does the Khan money come from then? Khan was knocked out in 58 seconds in his PPV debut after that he figured in a couple more flops and that was that ......so where America ...not liked........... Pakistan ............skint !
          The only reason he could do good figures ppv in the uk is that boxing fans want Brook to run him out the game and like me would pay to see him hammered again , I don't think the yanks are up for that !
          do you think terrence crawford has a bigger fanbase and brings in more money than amir khan?

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            Khan is the only active household name boxer in the UK, by a country mile. Secondly, Khan does better ratings than any other Welterweight fighter in the US. Khan is an exciting fighter, he is fast and his suspect chin, means that his fights get people on the edge of his seats.

Khan did poorly on PPV, because he would knock out his opponents too quickly, ala ***an & Salita. No one would pay PPV for something that is over in a flash. Khan vs Maidana was a successful UK PPV which was shown in the early hours of the UK, a lot better than recent Matchroom PPV's.

Khan vs Garcia II, Peterson II, Pacquiao, Prescott II are all PPV fights which would sell like cakes in the UK.

Comment

If pac loses to khan, Haymon would have contol over that success and if Crawford wins Arum would control over that commodity. So Arum is easily gonna push Pac towards Crawford and he wins either way

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                do you think terrence crawford has a bigger fanbase and brings in more money than amir khan?
                I think it would be a much more competitive fight and like Arum said Crawford would have 3-4 thousand travelling fans where as Khan had about a dozen for topping the MGM v devon Alexander in a half full arena where they were actually giving tickets away for free.....I know what i'd sooner see !

Comment

I hope he doesnt either. I want Khan to be left out in the cold without that big fight. If he wants a big fight, he has to grind for it. Not bîtch and cry until they throw him a bone.

Comment

At this point of age I prefer these late 30's boxers just take a soft touch and ride off. The soft touch makes it easier to accept retirement on a win, a loss and there is always going to be that itch to get that one last win. I didn't have problem with Floyd vs Berto, wouldn't have an issue with Pacquaio vs C level fighter either, same for Klitsch, or Bhop (when he finally decides to say bye). Don't want another Roy Jones situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxtime View Post
                      Khan is the only active household name boxer in the UK, by a country mile.
                      In his weight class, sure. Not overall.

Billy Joe Saunders
                      Chris Eubank Jr.
                      Tyson Fury

Saunders simply because he keeps beating undefeated fighters somehow.
                      Eubank simply because of his dad.
                      Fury simply because of his over-the-top antics.

Amir Khan has only one thing going for him: marketing hype.

A fight against Pacquiao would be a UD loss for Khan. Khan's too inconsistent. He's good against fighters that slug and come straight forward. He's terrible against fighters that know how to move their head and feet. Horrible matchup. Khan WOULD be Pacquiao's "Berto" fight. Which is why it shouldn't be that.

I also don't think Crawford should get the fight. I'm not sold on Crawford beating Pacquiao no matter how "mean" he is. He certainly isn't on par with Morales in that first fight.

Pac/Bradley 3 makes 100% sense for many reasons - first and foremost, we can't truly predict the outcome with Atlas in the corner. Was Rios a fluke because he was a shot fighter? Or has Bradley truly improved?

If Bradley stops Manny he'll have done the impossible - stop a guy Floyd couldn't, redeem himself in a rubber match, beat Manny twice (yes, twice) in less fights than Marquez took, and retire two of the most durable fighters in the division. THEN let's see Khan/Crawford and test Khan. Winner of that fight faces Bradley - let's test Bradley.

Whoever comes out of that on top has effectively replaced Floyd and Manny. Both.

Comment

Working...
                      X