Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it with Canelo and every Flavor of the Month?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can't be seen as a great fighter until he actually beats a decent fighter who is as big as he is.

Comment

Well, all we're hearing from Alvarez's side is how the fight won't happen yet and if it does, it will be at 155. And Golovkin is certainly no Lara or Trout or Angulo or whoever.

I think he has enough pride that he could step up to this, though. He has been on a nonstop good run since the Trout fight, and has a history of taking the fights people want him to take.

Comment

Pretty sure at this point Canelo could face a loaded shotgun as his next opponent, get fatally wounded in the process, die, and still be declared the winner 119-109.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Pretty sure at this point Canelo could face a loaded shotgun as his next opponent, get fatally wounded in the process, die, and still be declared the winner 119-109.

I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
              I swear it never fails... Going as far back to when he first won the WBC Light Middleweight championship. There was always a flavor of the month that Canelo "too much of a bitch to face."

First it was Angulo... yes believe or not new boxing fans there was a time where fans thought Canelo would never face Angulo and that Angulo would destroy him in 2 rounds. Hmm sounds familiar...

Then it was Kirkland after he destroyed Angulo in Cancun, it was the same thing. See above...

Then comes Austin Trout, I gotta give it up to the fans they got really creative with this one. That Canelo would never face him, Trout will make him look silly in the ring, Canelo should stay as far away as possible, bad style match up, etc.

Then comes Erislandy Lara... and same as above.

Here we are today with the new flavor of the month... GGG. And it's the same thing all over again.

So why after all these years are people still saying that Canelo will duck fighters?
              Comes with the territory. Beat one on to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
                I'm saying if Golovkin accepts 155, what's the problem? At the end of the day it's still the middleweight division... My problem is with people claiming that 155 isn't within the middleweight division.
                Um, I don't understand your point.

Weight classes have no minimum weight.... Canelo could ask for 105lb and itd still be in the middleweight division (as well as countless others)

So I take it you disagreed with Canelo being ranked no.1 at 154 for all the years he fought at 155, and that if he continues to fight 154lbers at 155 (middleweight, as you say), he's going to get some criticism from yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Are you gunning for another dildo to add to your trophy collection? Because I can make that dream a reality homie. You don't even have to ask. :blow:
                  It's Hanz "if he ain't black I'm not riding his D" Booger bro what do you expect ? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Um, I don't understand your point.

Weight classes have no minimum weight.... Canelo could ask for 105lb and itd still be in the middleweight division (as well as countless others)

So I take it you disagreed with Canelo being ranked no.1 at 154 for all the years he fought at 155, and that if he continues to fight 154lbers at 155 (middleweight, as you say), he's going to get some criticism from yourself?
                    Your boy Miura got fckng spanked by Vargas b1tch. Mexican Style. That bum killer Uchiyama is next

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                      He can't be seen as a great fighter until he actually beats a decent fighter who is as big as he is.
                      ^^^See what I mean? Thank you for proving my point. And if he does what next? On to the next flavor of the month.

Comment

Working...
                      X