No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Would Approve Canelo/GGG Doubleheader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    He shouldn't have gotten the Quillin fight after losing to GGG, but that's what happens when fighters need to stay busy or pad their record. Rosado is that caliber of fighter, but he'll probably score an upset sooner or later. Rosado is the like winless 76'ers lol. Sometimes I wonder what would've happened had he cashed in his title opportunity against K9 instead of moving up. Maybe he'd be in a worse position than he is now, who knows?
    Yeah but a Canelo fight? Canelo is boxing's new cash cow, do you think Rosado deserves to get a fight with the biggest draw in the sport? I know this fight was considered back before Canelo/Kirkland but after Floyd leaving and Manny about to leave, the boxing landscape has changed

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
      Yeah but a Canelo fight? Canelo is boxing's new cash cow, do you think Rosado deserves to get a fight with the biggest draw in the sport? I know this fight was considered back before Canelo/Kirkland but after Floyd leaving and Manny about to leave, the boxing landscape has changed
      Definitely not. Canelo only fights twice a year so it would be a bad look for him to face Rosado. DLH will use him as cannon fodder for Canelo so that he can acclimated to 160.

Comment

• That's the thing though, a million buys vs Cotto but who else is he going to do that number against?

Bradley? Thurman?

No chance.

People on here acting like Cotto wasn't a huge draw for that fight too.

He'll still do more sales than GGG but nowhere near as many against any other likely opponent than he did with Cotto.

This situation still has a long way to play out, but I don't believe for a second that the WBC will mandate that Canelo has to face GGG if he doesn't want to.

As someone else said earlier, I think we'll end up with

GGG - Lee (Assuming he beats BJS)
        Canelo - Bradley

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Most people here seem to think the WBC will flip Golovkin off and and allow Canelo to keep their belt, even if he refuses fight GGG at 160.
          No way, he will be stripped.

I have been paying attention..... the WBC have TAKEN IT UPON THEMSELVES to confirm that on multiple occasions..... suspiciously so.

I agree with you..... based on the fact that Canelo is Mexican, and the fact that the WBC clearly favor Mexican fighters..... HBO must have paid them a bundle for them to install the WBA champ as mandatory.

Still think that Ward is a coward for refusing a CW for Hypekin ?

Comment

• The WBC gonna elevate GGG to champion and Canelo gonna fight for interim belt, I can see it now. Canelo gonna delay and drag this out any way he can whilst the WBC continue to completely take GGG for a ride, keep feeding him bread crumbs that they gonna force Canelo hand.

GGG is wasting his and everyone else's time waiting on the coward ass mofo.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              No way, he will be stripped.

I have been paying attention..... the WBC have TAKEN IT UPON THEMSELVES to confirm that on multiple occasions..... suspiciously so.

I agree with you..... based on the fact that Canelo is Mexican, and the fact that the WBC clearly favor Mexican fighters..... HBO must have paid them a bundle for them to install the WBA champ as mandatory.

Still think that Ward is a coward for refusing a CW for Hypekin ?
              Ward ends the hype train of 'Hypekin' GGH knows Ward schools his ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                this is smart,since no one knows who the hell ggg even is they can build him up by putting him on canelo undercard
                Yeah this is true, I saw the fight with my parents and when Max asked Canelo about GGG, they were like, "who the hell is this GGG guy they want him to fight?" I then showed them GGG's Greatest Hits on HBO. Not many people know who GGG outside of hardcore's. Put GGG on a card with Canelo and the fight will be bigger, and possibly for undisputed MW championship.

Comment

Working...
                X