Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy VP: No Rematch Clause For Cotto-Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need for a remacth, it won't be worth it again. Canelo would smack he's ass up again but with even harder Putasos for being a Binche crying Nena! 😆 just except defeat Diva Cotto!!

Comment

no problem..canelo now should do a legacy fight with pac or give bradley a deserved pay day..or move up and fight some guys his own size..hard to give a guy credit when he's always getting hit, but only winning round bc ppl say bigger harder shots...um he's 10-20lbs heavier

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
        no problem..canelo now should do a legacy fight with pac or give bradley a deserved pay day..or move up and fight some guys his own size..hard to give a guy credit when he's always getting hit, but only winning round bc ppl say bigger harder shots...um he's 10-20lbs heavier
        Don't cry and whin about it! Cotto fuaght Pacman, now he was a smaller guy and still got beat down. In a real street fight weight and even size don't mater, you just fight, don't ***** and whin.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
          No point in a rematch. Im just wondering who is next for Canelo cause I know its not GGG.
          I have no doubt that he will fight GGG. People said he wouldn't fight Trout, Mayweather, Lara, etc. He'll fight anybody he's a throwback fighter. Who in his age bracket has fought more top fighters that the fans wanted him too? So he will fight GGG only question is will it be right away his next fight and at what weight. But nothing from canelos history says he's afraid to fight anybody.

Comment

Glad. Hopefully Canelo-GGG will be held in May or September 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
              Don't cry and whin about it! Cotto fuaght Pacman, now he was a smaller guy and still got beat down. In a real street fight weight and even size don't mater, you just fight, don't ***** and whin.
              cotto was at his 2nd weight class and no one would ever consider him an avearge size jr mw...
              im fine with canelo winning and i dont mind giving him credit, but i can see how this reflect bad on his legacy..i had him winnin 7 to 5 or 8 to 4...
              im sorry, but he shouldnt have lost four rounds to a 35 year old..who is not a speed demon or a bigger man..he got out jabbed repeatedly..his saving grace was that his 20lbs would make his shots more thudding..

Comment

cotto was at his 2nd weight class and no one would ever consider him an avearge size jr mw...
                im fine with canelo winning and i dont mind giving him credit, but i can see how this reflect bad on his legacy..i had him winnin 7 to 5 or 8 to 4...
                im sorry, but he shouldnt have lost four rounds to a 35 year old..who is not a speed demon or a bigger man..he got out jabbed repeatedly..his saving grace was that his 20lbs would make his shots more thudding..
                Cotto was on his bike refusing to engage or sit on his punches. You can't knock out everyone if they run you just stay calm and rack up rounds. Had cotto stood his ground and traded all night it would of been night night. Cotto stood his ground one round was getting busted up and went into survival mode the rest of the fight. Missing 500 punches and still refusing to change his game plan even as he was rendered useless and was losing rounds. He didn't fight like he did martinez or geale. He was scared to sit down on his shots because he knew it opened him up and he would get kod. He could barely lay a glove on canelo his defense confused him look at the low connect rate from cotto and the few times he did land a shot were few and far between and had no impact. Cotto really didn't do any effective all night but not get knocked out. Give canelo credit for making cotto look that bad and have one of the worst offensive performance of his career.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-25-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Cotto was on his bike refusing to engage or sit on his punches. You can't knock out everyone if they run you just stay calm and rack up rounds. Had cotto stood his ground and traded all night it would of been night night. Cotto stood his ground one round was getting busted up and went into survival mode the rest of the fight. Missing 500 punches and still refusing to change his game plan even as he was rendered useless and was losing rounds. He didn't fight like he did martinez or geale. He was scared to sit down on his shots because he knew it opened him up and he would get kod. He could barely lay a glove on canelo his defense confused him look at the low connect rate from cotto and the few times he did land a shot were few and far between and had no impact. Cotto really didn't do any effective all night but not get knocked out. Give canelo credit for making cotto look that bad and have one of the worst offensive performance of his career.
                  i dont understand the argument tha tyou are making..as it pertains to my comment..u're askin him to stand toe to toe with the bigger guy and come away unscathed? sorry he is not floyd he is cotto
                  and cotto didnt look bad canelo is just big and pretty good..
                  if u're claiming canelo has a great defense for that fight u are missing something..it was time hs would showboat his defense while having bruising form a jab..not to mention cotto landed at least 5 good right hands and cotto is not known for that punch..cotto's left hook landed as well canelo was just to big to feel it no matter how much coto was sitting down..we disagree..u dont have to reply

Comment

I have no doubt that he will fight GGG. People said he wouldn't fight Trout, Mayweather, Lara, etc. He'll fight anybody he's a throwback fighter. Who in his age bracket has fought more top fighters that the fans wanted him too? So he will fight GGG only question is will it be right away his next fight and at what weight. But nothing from canelos history says he's afraid to fight anybody.
                    It's true, there's a chance Canelo fights GGG next year. But you gotta remember, none of those riskier fights he took were as half as damaging physically, all guaranteed to go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      Will laff if Mayweather returns and denies Alvarez his Cinco de Mayo fight yet again.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants some of that MW title action to add to his collection - even if it means an Alvarez rematch. The WBC could just as well blow off Golovkin for that.
                      Floyd and the WBC addressed this. Floyd is smart enough to know fans wouldn't respect it as a real MW champ win.

He'd be beating a guy he already smoked, a guy who never fought a real MW, but is MW champ, that just ducked the real MW champ.

It would make Floyd look like he is afraid of GGG. He said he'd only fight MW if he could make 160.

It's quite pointless to go that route.

Then again, 25% of fans seem to not care about things like that, and are ****** enough to call that a MW champ.

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
                      No need for a rematch. Canelo would probably stop him if they fought again.
                      I'd like to see Canelo fight the Lee-Saunders winner but it'll most likely be Clottey at a CW if he beats Rosado
                      Canelo will look like a ***** vacating the WBC saying he isn't a MW, then going to fight Lee for another MW belt.

I don't know if they are ****** enough to try that dumb ****.

So Canelo should fight some more 147 fighters. Jesus why, dude hid his weight this fight because he was probably pushing 175 or more.

More than likely Canelo will try to trick his dumb fans into thinking he needs time, then try to fight GGG in two years when GGG is older.

It's a good thing the sports press seems to be calling that BS out already. HBO guys said it, and others too.

No glory in waiting guys out. It's a cowards move.

Comment

Working...
                      X