No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    I could see it 7-5 for Canelo if and only if you gave all the close rounds to Cotto but he never won any rounds decisively I gave him 2 rounds 3 rounds max.
    So what rounds you gave canelo? Because the 10 and 11 rounds are clear cotto rounds and so is the 2 and 4 round. That gives cotto 4 rounds already. The 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th rounds are close and in some of those cotto out landed canelo. It depends of your taste and how you score a fight. Imo cotto the least he won are 4 rounds and 4 other rounds are swing rounds that could go either way depending of what u like.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      Canelo only landed about 20 something punches more.... dont act like cotto got whitewashed especially since ya canelo fans where talking mad shiiit about cotto being ko'd and taking knees.

Canelo landed 155 of 484 punches (32%), compared to 129 of 629 (21%) for Cotto. Here’s a look at the complete punch stats as compiled by CompuBox.

Cotto v Canelo

629 Total punches thrown 484
      129 Total punches connected 155
      21% Percentage 32%

374 Total jabs thrown 186
      54 Total jabs connected 37
      14% Percentage 20%

255 Total power punches thrown 298
      75 Total power punches connected 118
      14% Percentage 40%

And the only reason Cotto didn't get Ko'd or quit on his knee is because he ran all night long never sitting down on his punches and trading with Canelo. Ran so Canelo couldn't get the knockout and instead just showed his boxing skills and outboxed Cotto and busted up his face.

Comment

• lol, time to give trout his rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Canelo landed 155 of 484 punches (32%), compared to 129 of 629 (21%) for Cotto. Here’s a look at the complete punch stats as compiled by CompuBox.
          that's what I said idiot. 155-129=26 be cool stay in school

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            You didn't "master" ****, Miguel.

Not a single clear round in that fight.
            What was your score for the fight???

Comment

that's what I said idiot. 155-129=26 be cool stay in school
              It wasn't just total punches also had a major edge in power shots. Had higher connect percent as well as landed more in all major punch stats. Cotto threw tons of jabs that hit nothing while Canelo was landing huge countershots and uppercuts. Cotto landed NOTHING all night and the few shots he did had no effect. All the punch stats were in favor of Canelo. Cotto did nothing had too many rounds where he was just ineffective. How you throw almost 150 more punches AND STILL get outlanded? lol Give it up your hero got his butt whooped and ran out the ring like h0e.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-23-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Lol Cotto ran out the ring.

Canelo is just a class above cotto, in more ways than one.

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  LOL Maybe he should fight Rubio, Geale, Rosado, Monroe, or maybe Curtis Stevens (canelo's sparring partner lol) those were all good title defense for your god GGG huh? "Monroe is Cuban style doe, hes more known than Lara" GGG can get it at 160 in September while you cry about a voluntary in May
                  Cry about a voluntary ! You're unbelievable. You telling me you wouldn't wanna see the champion defend against the recognised no.1 and mandated challenger ? You have a strange philosophy when it comes to boxing, stick to the 155 championship division friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by doubletake View Post
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-s...lemieux--97195

According to Abel Sanchez himself, GGG's official mouthpiece, Curtis Stevens, aka Canelo's sparring partner, has been GGG's toughest fight to date.

Come on. I'm a GGG fan, but his small set of hardcore fans are without a doubt some of the worst IMO.
                    Exactly bro. But fanboys will be fanboys SMH

Comment

What was your score for the fight???
                      I gave Cotto 3 rounds out of generosity more than anything.

They were 3 close rounds though.

Comment

Working...
                      X