No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Rejects Advantage Gain of Training With Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    I'm not joking, when I see or think of his father it immediately reminds me of when they are refuelling the jeep before they set off to the river itself, you know that really disturbingly and intimidatingly ugly guy who asks 'who's picking up the wager here'.

If Fury entered with that music I think I would actually really take to the guy, it would be like him embracing his heritage to me.

But in all seriousness I honestly believe their is something amiss with the genetics of that family, his father especially, he looks like one of those dudes from the funny farm with his demeanour and posture, I really feel awkward when I see him.
    I agree with you on Deliverence, but I also found that the "The Flim-Flam Man" (1967) with George C. Scott, Strother Martin, and Slim Pickens came to mind. Scott plays Mordecai Jones, a legendary con-man who takes up with a young awol soldier. The two stike a chord immediately, and start working together to make a quick buck." That's how I see Tyson and John Fury. A team of con-men.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      I guess Fury looks more up to his father, a man gouging out another man's eye over a beer bottle.
      Wasn't it with his thumb?

I don't think Tyson is too proud of what his father has done. You can say what you want about Tyson, but he's an honest family man.

People mistake his antics for ******ity. It has the desired effect. How many more PPV buys do you think that batman show made? An extra 300k? Probably.

Comment

I never understood the notion Wlad has poor footwork.
        wlad has great foot work.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Wasn't it with his thumb?

I don't think Tyson is too proud of what his father has done. You can say what you want about Tyson, but he's an honest family man.

People mistake his antics for ******ity. It has the desired effect. How many more PPV buys do you think that batman show made? An extra 300k? Probably.
          You can not be serious, 300 ! Are you telling me this sells more than 300 or another 300 on top of what ? Probably...not.

An honest family man ?! You are aware he recently had his driving license revoked for utilising the emergency service lane when the motorways were grid locked, whilst all other cars with their families waited. This is the behaviour Fury has with his three children in transit.

Comment

You can not be serious, 300 ! Are you telling me this sells more than 300 or another 300 on top of what ? Probably...not.

An honest family man ?! You are aware he recently had his driving license revoked for utilising the emergency service lane when the motorways were grid locked, whilst all other cars with their families waited. This is the behaviour Fury has with his three children in transit.
            Yeah most likely. That antic made headline news on every paper in Britain. Do you know how often that happens? Every 3-4 years perhaps? Last time that happened was Haye-Chisora brawling infront of my very eyes. We all know that that fight made boxnation for 2 years.

Oh wow. What a criminal!!

What a scummy, vile, piece of filth of a man.

Seriously. grow up.

Comment

I never understood the notion Wlad has poor footwork.
              I can't understand the notion that people still think Fury is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                You aren't giving Fury his due respect if you think he is merely a buffoon. He's a way more intelligent guy than he's given credit for & more importantly he's a student of the game. If you've seen any of his hour long talks with Kugan Cassius talking about boxing, life, strategy & everything else under the sun you'd know how serious & intelligent of a guy Fury is. If Klitschko underestimates him he's definitely losing this weekend. I think win or lose Fury is gonna surprise some people.
                He's not only intelligent, he's also extremely wise for his age whilst having the maturity of a little boy. He's a weird combination of things that I don't think many people really understand. It's the easiest thing in the world to look at him and dismiss him as a buffoon, but buffoons don't consistently come up with the sort of insights Fury does on a regular basis. He's a gypsy philosopher, a country bumpkin Seneca. Wlad's just an educated man in a suit.

Comment

Speaking of UK PPV numbers anyone know whats the top ten or top few UK PPV's? Whats the expectations for this one?

Comment

I'm not joking, when I see or think of his father it immediately reminds me of when they are refuelling the jeep before they set off to the river itself, you know that really disturbingly and intimidatingly ugly guy who asks 'who's picking up the wager here'.

If Fury entered with that music I think I would actually really take to the guy, it would be like him embracing his heritage to me.

But in all seriousness I honestly believe their is something amiss with the genetics of that family, his father especially, he looks like one of those dudes from the funny farm with his demeanour and posture, I really feel awkward when I see him.
                    Yes, and in this version of Deliverance, Ned Beatty will reprise his role and be cast as Wladimir.

You remember the banjo scene, but don't include Squeal like a pig scene, mighty convenient I'd say.

War Fury!!

Comment

Working...
                    X