Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Canelo fight Golovkin next or another top 10 MW first?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with what kev is saying...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Should Canelo fight Golovkin next or another top 10 MW first?
      I was thinking, I would watch Canelo vs Golovkin if it happened next, sure, but I would not be too excited or find it too competitive going in, I would complain but I would watch it. I would prefer seeing Canelo vs another MW first, like Lee or Lemieux and then Golovkin in September. Fighting Lemiuex would give them a common opponent for fans to debate about, and fighting Lee would basically give him a win over the best MW not named GGG. I'm not even hating on this fight, I just want to see Canelo vs a real MW first. Anyone else feel that way or do you guys prefer Canelo to fight Golovkin next when I don't think he is ready regardless of what you guys want to talk about size, Canelo needs a real MW win before fighting the best MW.
      Do you think that Canelo (who landed 13 punches per round -- of which 3 jabs) would do better against Lee, who is big even at 168? Lemieux is a young Canadian cash cow -- I don't think he feels pressed to lose another fight for Oscar's sake...

Comment

Man I would love Canelo to do a voluntary, but come on, another year for GGG to fight his mando? no thanks.

this fight needs to happen next at 157, that way Canelo can feel better.

Comment

GGG obviously. No way I would endorse further delay in him getting the final belt.

Comment

So no ggg fight for canelo??? Buncha hypocrites

Comment

I'm all for either situation personally. A win over a top 10 MW will cause a surge in interest in the fight and could bring the perceived odds closer depending on what GGG does in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                Man I would love Canelo to do a voluntary, but come on, another year for GGG to fight his mando? no thanks.

this fight needs to happen next at 157, that way Canelo can feel better.
                What you're really saying - GGG can feel worse )))) But I wouldn't rely on this too much, I think that Canelo's relative lack of stamina is due to troubles making these catchweights. At 160 he himself will definitely feel much better.

Comment

I think they should be on the same card in May and then fight in September, this fight needs a little more marinating I think. Have them both Knock somebody out on the same night and the fight would be a lot bigger.

Comment

kelvis you drinking the hatorade, brih.

did our gennady steal your bike :P?

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
                      cant believe some people are actually and seriously complaining about canelo vs golovkin happening next
                      They don't want cinnamon to get his ass whooped!...The same way k-2 don't want Triple G's ass to get whooped by ward...

Comment

Working...
                      X