Razor Thin Fight Cotto Was Going to Get Jobbed Regardless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    Miguel Cotto
    A-Wolf, Adamjr91, AndreaWard, AnimalisticMeth, b00g13man, baya, Big_L, Bipolar Hero, BMWM3P, BoloPuncher1, brickcityboxing, Check_hooks, DeltaSigChi4, DoktorSleepless, gauze, HanzGruber, jas, Jordacus, jose.sooto, KaL-EL, krimzon, kurt0411, lolpz, loui_ludwig, ME123, MentalZero, mindreader, MrTambourineMan, North Star, pklax, pvalles, sabor, shadowbox3r, soul_survivor, strikefury, sunny31, SunSpace, Unknown Champ

dude claims he isn't arguing that cotto won the fight
    here he is saying that cotto won the fight in a poll. if you look at that list, there's a lot of eyebrow tweezing going on

cotto fans are sore losers. so is miguel! this has been well established. they're like children.
    I accidentally voted Cotto.

My shame is now immortalised.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Flawed argument - it is clean punching, damage is the result and it can vary depending on how much power you carry or how much power you put into the punch. It also depends on what type of fighter or what the fighter is trying to achieve. If a guy is boxing then he may be punching to score points and win rounds, some guys throw punches to cause damage to wear a guy out, ideally you want to be doing both but that is a different argument. If there is a round where both guys land exactly the same or a similar amount of punches then of course the guy who landed the 'cleaner' higher quality punches, and damage may come into that will get the round.

good f#cking grief are you guys pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        I accidentally voted Cotto.

My shame is now immortalised.

i've got a feeling that lot of you people "accidentally" voted cotto.

so far we're 2/2 on accidental voting

in reality, you guys are biased, and don't know how to score a boxing match.

Comment

i've got a feeling that lot of you people "accidentally" voted cotto.

so far we're 2/2 on accidental voting

in reality, you guys are biased, and don't know how to score a boxing match.
          I really did. I posted as much in the thread.

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          ****!!! I somehow accidentally voted for Cotto.

Canelo clearly won imo.

Comment

good f#cking grief are you guys pathetic.
            Good argument. I can guarantee that I am a fan of both guys, and if you are smart enough to look through polls, then look through my post history and prediction for the fight.

What makes you think you know how to score a fight?

Comment

8-4 Canelo imo

Comment

Regardless, the right man won!

For 12 rounds cotto ran from victory, once the fight ended he ran from defeat, and his fans followed. There's a crowded locker room still waiting to be interviewed.

Crow seasoned with moral victory is still crow. Or have we all forgotten what crow taste like?

This fight was not difficult to pick a winner, but impossible to get consistent scores. Canelo arguably won every round, but outside of 3 or 4 rounds, he won by the narrowest of margins.

But in a society that demands external blame, it's was clearly the commentators that resulted in canelo landing the stronger and sharper punches. Fortunately in our household, Jim, Max and Roy where drowned out by a vibrato of intoxicated amateurish comedic conversations. That and Cotto's inability to land the stronger and sharper punches. -Go figure!

There is absolutely no reason to question this fight, but I WILL question anyone who questions it.

***POLL QUESTION: What's more damaging to Boxing's Image, corrupt judges? Or delusional fan bases who accredit every undesired outcome to corrupt judges?

How I miss the days of crow
                Last edited by pvj; 11-22-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I think Canelo won - but those score cards were filled out before the fight started.

I had it 7-5 - when Cotto was on the toes, Canelo landed nothing. Most of the fight he landed 1-2 big punches a round. The compubox numbers seemed off. Cotto was landing 8-10 jabs a round plus the body work.

No matter what Cotto did, he was going to lose the fight. He was too old, too small, gave up nearly 20lbs and Golden Boy certainly had everything in his favor.

In time, this fight will look favorably for Cotto despite the L. He stayed in the trenches and fought him and stood his ground and when he stayed on his toes, Canelo could do nothing.

Lets be honest - if that was Floyd in there, he would have gotten a much more benefit of the doubt than Cotto did. We all knew what would be the outcome...once Canelo got that scorecard against Floyd, the establishment were going to pull any strings to ensure he wins.

I don't mind Cotto losing, because although he's my favorite fighter, he's leaving the sport on a high note I believe, not getting KTFO, quitting on the stool and standing his ground against the sport's new golden child. He represented Puerto Rico proudly.

And can we please stop talking about his chin - his beard might be the most underrated aspect of his game

Comment

Watching it live I thought Canelo won clearly and I was super impressed. The size(or rather strength) played a very big role but Cotto's converted style was also badly exposed and it's a reason why I consider converting a major flaw, Canelo's only real opening all night long was a straight right a punch Cotto is not comfortable throwing nor that effective, exposed badly.
                    Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-22-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      Miguel Cotto
                      A-Wolf, Adamjr91, AndreaWard, AnimalisticMeth, b00g13man, baya, Big_L, Bipolar Hero, BMWM3P, BoloPuncher1, brickcityboxing, Check_hooks, DeltaSigChi4, DoktorSleepless, gauze, HanzGruber, jas, Jordacus, jose.sooto, KaL-EL, krimzon, kurt0411, lolpz, loui_ludwig, ME123, MentalZero, mindreader, MrTambourineMan, North Star, pklax, pvalles, sabor, shadowbox3r, soul_survivor, strikefury, sunny31, SunSpace, Unknown Champ

dude claims he isn't arguing that cotto won the fight
                      here he is saying that cotto won the fight in a poll. if you look at that list, there's a lot of eyebrow tweezing going on

cotto fans are sore losers. so is miguel! this has been well established. they're like children.
                      Legit LOL'd hahahhahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                      X