Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Outpoints Cotto, Claims Middleweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fight could have gone either way, their were a lot of toss up rounds that were hard to score. However, I thought Canelo squeezed the win out in the end. The scorecards clearly indicated Judges were paid off to give Canelo all the close rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
      Boxing lost a lot of fans tonight. Disgusting decision!
      No it didn't. You think the new casuals watching tonight were scoring that fight? All they cared about was watching a good fight, which they got. Alvarez's popularity increases with this win.

Comment

• Good fight. Canelo won by 7-5 8-4 at best. Those cards make me upset more than anything but the right guy won. I would like Cotto to seriously consider retirement. There's nothing left to prove and he didn't take a beating. Hang them up and call it a career.

Comment

• Lol wow. Haters gonna hate. You could tell who was stronger and faster. Congrats Cotto Jumped around better. Lol. Come on guys. Don't be sore losers. Cotto was solid. Canelo was better and it was VERY noticeable. Scorecards were wide. But there's no way any NON biased boxing fan saw Cotto win clearly. GTFOH.

Comment

• Canelo won by few rounds. Cotto's wifey looked like a lil slut tonight, notice how he made her cover up those ******* when he walked out the arena. No way would my ***** be dressed like that, loose ****.

Comment

• The score cards were atrocious, the commentating was so bias toward Canelo it was pretty much a circle jerk, HBO only showed 3 replays that featured Cotto, Canelo got credit for a lot of punches that missed or were blocked. I had the fight a draw. Cotto won 2 early rounds and 4 late rounds, Canelo won 4 early rounds and 2 late rounds. I watched the fight twice and it makes me laugh how they insisted Cotto was hurt with every punch, when only two punches in the entire fight shook him up, both in the late rounds, a body punch and the uppercut in the 12th. The goggles were on tight for this one.

Comment

• If you think cotto won you either have an agenda or don't know boxing. Fight was easy for canelo. Cotto lost and showed no class refusing interviews and running out the arena like a sore loser.

Comment

• GGG is The middleweight champ . Canelo is 155 champ.

Comment

• Correction, Canelo the gifted boy is the new paper champ!

Comment

• I had it 8-4 for Canelo.

He was too big and strong for Cotto.

There were times in the fight when Canelo looked really bad IMO, not that Cotto made him look like that but he just looks so clumsy and flat footed.

Movement kills Canelo, but the division is pretty thin on those types.

It could be he stays in second gear though...he knew Cotto couldn't hurt him.

Comment

Working...
                      X