No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Outpoints Cotto, Claims Middleweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elgu View Post
    Watch the fight again. Only one score card was out of line. Canelo won 8-4. Cotto's jab was missing the target, his power punches had no effect on Canelo, and Canelo's punches had effect on Cotto.

Cotto wasn't outboxing Canelo, and he surre as hell wasn't winning the war. At the most you could give Cotto 5 rounds, but i thought he won 4.
    Yeah... I said that I didn't have a problem with Canelo winning the fight. My issue is with the scorecards; I don't like seeing **** like that because it is a clear sign of corruption.

Comment

• Canelo clearly won. Cotto got hit too much and didn't respond back often enough. He needed to be more active but obviously the punches coming back at him had something to do with that.

For all the hype Roach gets as a good trainer I thought Miguel's combinations lacked variety tonight. Canelo showed more creativity in his combos.

Comment

• Did this fight make history?

Comment

• I had it 117-111 or 116-112...119-109 by one of the judges was to wide but Canelo clearly dominated the fight...Cotto had his moments but the size of Ginger was to much for Cotto...Canelo seemed to be a more complete fighter and didn't gas out in the championship rounds.

Comment

• I'm a Cotto fan but what's with all this scorecard crying? I know they were wide but who thought Cotto won this fight? Whatever the score cards indicated it's still a UD.

Comment

• Canelo outlanded Cotto 155 - 129 and his punches were by far much harder. Cotto ran and danced most of fight, especially after he got hit. Cotto backed up almost everytime he got punched. Did anyone see his face after the fight? It did not look good. Hard to make a case for him winning more than one round during the second the half of the fight. I personally thought he was outclassed. 117 - 111 Canelo easy win.

Comment

• Bought the fight but 118-109? That's BS the fight was closer than that I would have been fine with a split-decision. On top of that HBO was so biased in favor of Canelo. Harold, Lampley, and even Roy.

Comment

• Cotto immediately left the ring to collect his 15 million purse. Freddie Roach should retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                    Now you know that was all Jay Z with that concert. He did it when Andre Ward fought on BET. Rigo man Idk.....I'm a fan but this man needs to get motivated somehow....my idea motivate him by money.....if he win's by knockout within x's rounds give him a bonus on top of his purse and if he goes to a decision he loses x amount of dollars of his purse.
                    They had the Latin Grammys in Vegas on Thursday night...so it just corresponding with the fight

Comment

• 7 - 5 canelo at best. But if Cotto got the win I wouldn't have complained.
                      I was expecting a different fight for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X