Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm OK if I never see Rigo again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was an unusually sedate performance from Rigondeaux....

Comment

I love Rigo as a fighter, but that was not up to standard.

It was slow and he wasn't doing much of what he usually does.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I like how Harold Lederman kept it real by dropping the exciting Cuban legends at the end and saying its a Disgrace how Rigo fights. It truly is, but I guess because JayZ paid him a couple million he has no reason to excite, rigo is like a College star who when he got a big money contract in the pros stopped trying hard.

Dude Rigo had a tailormade guy in front of him, but refused to let his hands go, Maybe Rigo hates America? if you notice when he fights in Japan he or overseas he will throw down but in America he fights so boring, he might still have pro castro feelings and this is his way to say F you America.
        Lederman was right. Rigo doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as warriors like Gavilán and Napoles. The guy doesn't even try. It's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
          he's 35, he seems content not to be popular. he's not your average athlete, he has a very introverted personality type.
          Introverted? Have ever listen to Rigo, he is fun and talk a lot of trash, he is far from Introverted but yes he is not a diva or have diva aspirations just go out and beat the best in the division.

But I know him, and I always hate that he dosen't push the action. He definitely need the right dancing partner, someone who will forcing to fight, like the Japanese guys, to bad not everybody is willing to get his face destroy.

But today it was awful, I hope is just rust and he was trying not to do to much. Even with a guy like adbeko he was trying but hopefully this just a him with a week of notice.

Comment

How much did he get paid?
            And did he really only throw 76 punches lol?

Comment

Such a boring style runs all night and then complains that nobody wants to watch him. it's actually like he deliberately sets out to win in the most boring style and way he can
              Last edited by Daddy T; 11-22-2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                I'm not gonna hate, I admit I'm never really wow'ed by the guy but he keeps it clean by the rule of the book and still dominates so it has to be commended.

I'd rather watch that than a guy wants to punch, clinch and repeat whilst a bit of clinching is okay but some guys like Ward take it too far.
                I agree.

I'd much sooner watch a clean boxer like Rigo who wins because of his boxing skills than a dirty boxer like Ward who needs to use illegal tactics like head butts and clamping his opponent's arms.

Comment

Somewhere in the middle rounds the opponent was even mocking Rigo, begging him to knock him out. As a huge Rigo fan, I was so disappointed. Ring rust or not, he could have taken that guy out if he wanted to. I wonder what Roc Nation's thinking right now about their new investment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
                    Somewhere in the middle rounds the opponent was even mocking Rigo, begging him to knock him out. As a huge Rigo fan, I was so disappointed. Ring rust or not, he could have taken that guy out if he wanted to. I wonder what Roc Nation's thinking right now about their new investment.
                    I can't help but wonder though if his best years are gone given that he turned pro so late? Maybe he just had an off night but he didn't do himself any favors with his performance....

Comment

Professional fighters fight for the fans entertainment. If the fans are not entertained, the fighter needs to find a new line of work. The fans are paying customers who do not owe anyone a living.

Comment

Working...
                      X