Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Defends Miguel Cotto, Feels WBC Made Mistakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do agree with this statement BUT the WBA should keep quiet, they're lucky they're still considered one of the main sanctioning bodies with their 50 odd world champions.

Comment

Just shows how corrupted the boxing world has come.

Comment

The logical thing go do is elevate Cotto to Super champion, give Canelo the regular title, give Golovkin the interim title and name Floyd Mayweather the interim interim champion despite never fighting at 160 and being retired. That way, instead of collecting 1, $300,000 fee, they collect 4, $150,000 fees. Everybody wins!

The WBA wants to give every fighter no matter how talented the opportunity to become champion. They are an organization made for the fighters and operate with the highest level of integrity.

Comment

Mr. 4 MWChamps talking about mistakes.

Comment

WBA is right but who are they to talk. How many Champion in recess, super champion, regular champion and interim champs do they have?
            Cotto was right in saying no to the WBC. 1.1 mil Damn

Comment

Why did the WBC agree to have a step side deal? Tomorrow fight should be Cotto vs GGG so there the WBA is right

Comment

Who really cares about this. Cotto already made history by capturing the belt. The WBC wants to be petty and take away the belt..oh well who cares?. People want to see Cotto / Canelo, no one really cares about the WBA/WBC/IBF..its pointless there should only be 1 sanctioning body.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
                  says the org with super, regular and interim champs in same weight class
                  Wbc has more belts

World interim diamond silver

Comment

I'm all for alphabet group wars. Lets do this. WBC vs WBA, WBO vs IBF, winners fight in the finals for one f#cking belt.

Comment

To my knowledge, I thought that the $800,000 step aside amount was a confidential agreement between Team Cotto and Team Golovkin. Therefore, if that is true then Miguel was free to pay GGG whatever amount he wished so long that it was approved by both camps. The WBC had nothing to do with those negotiations as far as I'm concerned because Gennady exercised his right to opt out of his mandatory as he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X