No announcement yet.

Espn: Golovkin To Sue Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    If there was none, then why is Cotto's team lawyering up? Cotto & his manager said they need to wait and see what the lawyers say and here you are sounding off. What-ev, I just want a good fight Saturday, then Lara to look good on Wednesday so he can fight GGG, and for Bute to KO DeGale on next Saturday.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...118-story.html
    Because in an oral agreement if there are witnesses, which im guessing there are plenty, then it can be viewed as binding. the 2 parties agreed that step aside will be paid ad that has been put into action, however, the 2nd part was to be that GGG would be getting the mando shot at title after this fight and that is no longer happening cause the title is gone. So Cotto team probably just seeing what they need to pay now that the 2nd part of the agreement is no longer in place. They might need to pay it all or half or none but why say "OK we will pay when the "oral/handshake deals" have been beaten in the past.

Now this is all from my personal exp. and you are right we really dont know what is going on backstage but i see this happening.

And in all my "oral/handshake deals" i have done, and i have done quiet a few, i always follow up with an actual contract to avoid these type of situations and thats where i feel team GGG may have dropped the ball
    Last edited by Fetta; 11-19-2015, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Co-tards and flo-tards unite! Perfect example is big Javi and ima fazed dazed and confused. But yet they talk about GGG fans and PAC fans. Don't you oops see it's th same sh it???
      Hey Javi will you be around if Cotto gets his az handed to him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        I just want a good fight Saturday, then Lara to look good on Wednesday so he can fight GGG, and for Bute to KO DeGale on next Saturday.
        And im very excited for Sat. Lara fight i will have family down so it will be on but i might be busy with family conversations/activities but i too hope he looks good and GGG fights him. I like Bute but hes a little long in the tooth and i want the younger generation to start shining so go DeGale!1

WARCanelo!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

That poster is such a lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

That poster is such a lame.
            oh man..... all I have to do is rock Cotto in my sig and people lose their minds hahahaha

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... and Ring Magazine...
                [IMG]http://cdn1-www.******.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/gallery/miguel-cotto-canelo-alvarez-la-presser-by-gene-blevins_hoganphotos/cottocanelolapc_hoganphotos8.jpg[/IMG]
                canelo paid sanctioning fees, why wouldnt oscar use this for promotion?, the title still be at stake at least for him, if anything roc nation is the main promoter for this fight, it will be them dealing with this...
                what intrigues me the most, is how GGG hasnt complain to the WBC, since canelo is fighting for the vacant belt, GGG should be the one getting this shot , not canelo..

Comment

• This is a mess but Cotto never signed anything. They came to an agreement on the step aside and when wbc president asked Cotto for a fee of 300k Cotto told him it was too much. That **** happen here in pr on the last day of the tour in sept. Cotto wanted to pay 150k but wbc refused to negotiate with him. Is basically wbc fault it was draged too long.

Another thing is that Cotto is a guy that is all business even if it means burninf bridges with very influential people. That could cost him in the future because he is a promoter and he will need their help to get their fighters title shots.

First guy he burned bridges with was his uncle Evangelista, then he never spoke to Arum after 2009 only managing his career with todd debuff, then he screwed the IBF and Clottey in by not doing paperwork to get the unification leaving Clottey to be stripped of his belt, then he had a fall out with the WBO after they made him defend his belt against Pacquiao in a catchweight. After that he never spoke to paco varcarcel and refused to fight for the wbo belt to this day. Then he fackes arum and todd by signing with roc nation and now he fackes the wbc. Cotto has more enemies than the usa.

Comment

• Boxing turned cotto in to a calculated and all business men. He is cold and he knows in business there are no friends

Comment

• Now Canelo, if he wins, is going to be allowed to make a voluntary defense, and then a GGG fight. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X