Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can Golovkin beat young lions at 168lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
    Most dummies nowadays think it's some great accomplishment for a fighter to drain himself for a weight advantage until he can't do it anymore and is forced to move up.
    That's what the majority of these multiple weight "champs" do today.
    This is what those dummies think Golovkin is doing at MW.
    They think that because they were born ******, they don't follow boxing, or both.
    Golovkin is just old school. You're right, he certainly isn't playing weight games. He's just a 160 guy tryna consolidate the division like his heroes.

I admire the little guys who move up successfully, but usually my favorite fighters established their greatness in their true career weight class.

Sugar Ray Leonard moved up as he got older, but he didn't (in my view) enhance his greatness by doing so. (I'm not somebody who thinks he really won the Hagler fight, though he put up a good show.)

But Leonard was amazing enough at WW.

Heavies CAN'T move up. Are we gonna say Ali wasn't great because he didn't move up?

Silly

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      Golovkin is just old school. You're right, he certainly isn't playing weight games. He's just a 160 guy tryna consolidate the division like his heroes.

I admire the little guys who move up successfully, but usually my favorite fighters established their greatness in their true career weight class.

Sugar Ray Leonard moved up as he got older, but he didn't (in my view) enhance his greatness by doing so. (I'm not somebody who thinks he really won the Hagler fight, though he put up a good show.)

Heavies CAN'T move up. Are we gonna say Ali wasn't great because he didn't move up?

Silly
      Yeah it's a complete disgrace that Ali didn't create a Super HW class to prove just how great he was lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post

Silly
        There is a distinct difference in how some guys move up. Some guys try and do it like Roy Jones, who went from 160 to 168 to 175, and dominated everyone. Sure, his trip to heavy was a joke but he never intended to stay there.

Then you have the clowns like Broner who bounce through a few divisions, always picking the easiest touch. 4 titles in 4 divisions, and the only top 5 guy he beat in any division was Demarco. Its a complete sham.......

Comment

In my opinion he could spot them 8 pounds and still knock them out because he is just that much better than they are. Ward might have defeated him at 168 but Ward is at a higher level than any other 168 pounder. Murray was knocked out by GGG not too long ago and he will soon fight Abraham for a 168 pound world title.

Comment

I'd favor him over everyone at 168 not named Ward, but I don't know if he believes in himself like that.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              Seriously?

Did you just take a trip to BoxRec and copy fighters with good records?
              Those are the young guy on the top 100 ranking at 168

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                Those are the young guy on the top 100 ranking at 168
                Yea but you don't know how good they are and you missed out arguably the best up and coming 168lber in Callum Smith. Either way I don't believe this anyone coming through at SMW that could pose a serious threat to GGG. Only Ward is good enough to deal with ze Kazakh and that isn't a fight I can see happening.

Regardless, Golovkin needs to move up as I don't think there's much more for him at 160lb. I can't see the Cotto fight happening, Quillin's a quacker and the only viable I could see is winner of Lee-Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  There is a distinct difference in how some guys move up. Some guys try and do it like Roy Jones, who went from 160 to 168 to 175, and dominated everyone. Sure, his trip to heavy was a joke but he never intended to stay there.

Then you have the clowns like Broner who bounce through a few divisions, always picking the easiest touch. 4 titles in 4 divisions, and the only top 5 guy he beat in any division was Demarco. Its a complete sham.......
                  Giggi Loses To DeGale He Also Lost To direell

Comment

Working...
                  X