No announcement yet.

I'm still puzzled as to how Floyd managed to retire undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
    Why is it I see the same dudes in EVERY Floyd thread?
    Because they cry about why Floyd has so many threads but they are the ones creating them and posting the most. They wont admit but they are his biggest fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      One of the best ever, whether he cheated, paid off the ref, waited till people got old etc he still got in there. And he manage to keep his eyes on the prize.
      I guess but I view him similarly to Joe Calzaghe, the two might have been great fighters but their was certainly a lot more questions that those two could have answered for us at perhaps the right time If you catch my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Oh thats to bad then. Best of his era and undefeated. Cant take that away no matter how much you wish it wasnt true or what excuses you drop for him being it
        Lol Yep, really care anymore... He took no risk, he cheated, he was calculated blah blah blah it does NOT matter, he was the best of that era end of... They should get over it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Calzaghe did it...Floyd can too. Its easy.
          It's easy??????? wow man

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            I guess but I view him similarly to Joe Calzaghe, the two might have been great fighters but their was certainly a lot more questions that those two could have answered for us at perhaps the right time If you catch my drift.
            For me it doesn't matter. Joe was a favourite of mine but I have Mayweather over him. They both retired undefeated good on them. Takes guts to get in the ring, injuries, aging etc so anyone making excuses and going by hate or hearsay I take those with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              It's easy??????? wow man
              Guess #48 would have done the same if it was that "Easy"

Comment

It was due to his boxing style. His style minimized punishment so he still resembled a fighter in his 20s when he was in his late 30s. He was lucky in the sense that he became the A-side after the Oscar fight which allowed him to continue winning decisions. I can name 2 fights he would have easily lost 10-2 on the scorecards if he was the B-side fighting a British fighter in the UK (Castillo I, Maidana I). Really rare for a fighter to have so many decisions fighting with a defensive style and get the nod in all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                  Throughout history all brash, c*cky, arrogant champions have eventually been humbled after accumulating a long undefeated streak. All the way from Muhammad Ali to Mike Tyson to Roy Jones and most recently Ronda Rousey.

How the hell did this sneaky ****er slip through the cracks while continuing to remain so odious?
                  Puzzled he was highest paid cherry picker that's how .its no mystery
                  Last edited by imperial1; 11-18-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Oh thats to bad then. Best of his era and undefeated. Cant take that away no matter how much you wish it wasnt true or what excuses you drop for him being it
                    To tell you the truth. I'm glad he's undefeated. There's no hate from me. Just true facts. I'm content and happy for him and his undefeated record.

Can you accept it that he got there by being in a weak era? By Calculated match making? And PEDS? If you can accept that then hey praise his accomplishments. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      It was due to his boxing style. His style minimized punishment so he still resembled a fighter in his 20s when he was in his late 30s. He was lucky in the sense that he became the A-side after the Oscar fight which allowed him to continue winning decisions. I can name 2 fights he would have easily lost 10-2 on the scorecards if he was the B-side fighting a British fighter in the UK (Castillo I, Maidana I). Really rare for a fighter to have so many decisions fighting with a defensive style and get the nod in all of them.
                      Sure, but he earned it. He offered the same opportunity to everyone else but they all failed. Can't hate on the guy for owning the very same system everyone else took, difference is he had enough smarts to make sure he stays on top...
                      Last edited by DeandreXI; 11-18-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X