No announcement yet.

WBC Just Proved What Belts Mean These Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
    Yeah but saying that if Canelo wins he becomes WBC champ ..Really ? This would be another belt they basically hand to Canelo
    How is that handing Canelo the belt? Cotto IS the lineal champion. Belt or not, he beat the man. Whoever doesn't beat Cotto to get the belt is the one gifted the belt. Not the other way around, Holmes. #TheKbowledge.

If Cotto wins, and goes back to JMW and GGG fights (insert fringe MW contender here) for the vacant title. That's the #The Gift

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      typically the sanctioning fee is 3% of the contracted purse, but in mega-fights usually a lower percentage (flat fee) is negotiated. If Cotto is indeed projected to make $30 mil, then $300k is only 1%.......
      Do you think 1% is excessive? I don't.

Cotto not paying the sanctioning fee is his way of b1tching out of the GGG fight and vacating his title. Instead of dumping his belt in the trash like a true coward, he will say the WBC screwed him over (even though every single champ has to pay sanc fees) and his fanboys will eat it up. History will show he dropped his belt the week of the fight doe
      Last edited by Bardock; 11-17-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        How is that handing Canelo the belt? Cotto IS the lineal champion. Belt or not, he beat the man. Whoever doesn't beat Cotto to get the belt is the one gifted the belt. Not the other way around, Holmes. #TheKbowledge.

If Cotto wins, and goes back to JMW and GGG fights (insert fringe MW contender here) for the vacant title. That's the #The Gift
        Based on rankings I mean is Canelo now a MW ?

Comment

I don't know. He hasn't had a fight over 155. To me that's not a MW. To nitpicking nerds on NSB, that's MW. But I'll tell you what. No other MWs come in at 155 to the weigh in. So, you do the dishes....

Oh, by the way...guess who does come in to weigh ins at 155. Junior Middle Weights.....a whole ****ing boatload of them since the division was created. Wooooooooooooo!
          Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 11-17-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            Do you think 1% is excessive? I don't.

Cotto not paying the sanctioning fee is his way of b1tching out of the GGG fight and vacating his title. Instead of dumping his belt in the trash like a true coward, he will say the WBC screwed him over (even though every single champ has to pay sanc fees) and his fanboys will eat it up. History will show he dropped his belt the week of the fight doe

if having the WBC title improved his negotiating leverage with Canelo, then no, its not excessive. But if the WBC title is worthless (as some Cotto apologists are inferring), then he should have vacated it immediately after Martinez, instead of paying the fees for Geale fight as well as $800k step aside to GGG..........
            Last edited by OnePunch; 11-17-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Why do the rankings matter in this situation? How is it his fault the lineal champ of the MW division weaseled his way out of fighting the mandatory? The contract was signed for the WBC championship, sanctioning fees are part of the contract, Cotto refused to pay, they stripped him. What trouble are you having understanding this? So Canelo should be punished because Cotto wanted to act like a Diva 4 days before the fight? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                if having the WBC title improved his negotiating leverage with Canelo, then no, its not excessive. But if the WBC title is worthless (as some Cotto apologists are inferring), then he should have vacated it immediately after Martinez........
                Exactly, obviously its not meaningless to Cotto if he was willing to pay 800K just to keep it a little while longer until he gets his ass kicked by Canelo and at the same time not fight Golovkin These Cottostans want it both ways, like their queer cotto likes it from his fat gay lover

Comment

They are enforcing the rules and GGG should get his long overdue shot at the crown or win it by default if the champion refuses to fight him. Canelo doesn't get a free ride. He also has to fight GGG at 160 or forfeit the belt. The WBC has done lots of bad things but I don't think this is one of them. Cotto told them to shove the belt and their fees and he would fight whoever he pleased. That's great but he can't do that and seriously expect to keep their belt. If you want to be WBC champ you have to follow their rules just as with all the other alphabet groups. Canelo is complying with their rules so he can win the title but if he doesn't fight GGG next he loses it. They aren't doing anything to Cotto that they wouldn't do to Canelo just as quickly if he told them to fuk off the way Cotto did.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    I don't know. He hasn't had a fight over 155. To me that's not a MW. To nitpicking nerds on NSB, that's MW. But I'll tell you what. No other MWs come in at 155 to the weigh in. So, you do the dishes....

Oh, by the way...guess who does come in to weigh ins at 155. Junior Middle Weights.....a whole ****ing boatload of them since the division was created. Wooooooooooooo!
                    Nit picking than are are their weight classes then ? This catch weight **** has ****ed up boxing !

Comment

Nit picking than are are their weight classes then ? This catch weight **** has ****ed up boxing !
                      This I'd not a new trend. Catcheeights are older than you and I!

Comment

Working...
                      X