what made Canelo a Mexican Superstar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
    Explain what the typical Mexican looks like, lol
    You know exactly what I mean bro. I'm not being racist or joking on y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by S.I.M.P View Post
      True most Mexicans in tv shows are usually white(spanish ancestry) with color eyes....check out some novelas on Univision most are European features compared to the average Mexican meztiso(spanish+Indigenous)
      Bingo!! Exactly what I'm trying to say. You hear that Chingon?? ^^

Comment

Hype and marketing

Unique look being a ginger redhead mexican

Fan friendly style

Young and undefeated when rising thru the ranks

One punch ko of baldomir, usually a very durable guy

Has proven to be a huge ratings and ticket selling fighter

Comment

Obviously the size of his pecker.

It's huge.

Comment

Anyway in all seriousness. I think it's partly down to his distinctive looks compared to most Mexican's. That makes him stand out from the crowd which some eyes will focus on. Secondly is/was his age. He was ****ing on the door entering world level at a very young age. If you mix those things together, a young red haired mexican kid who looks like a wrecking machine, you have the recipe for a big star. He doesn't seem that charismatic or magnetic in terms of his personality, but he has a strong distinctive look so that might not matter.

In reality, his boxing career doesn't quite live up to his stardom yet. He hasn't looking convincing when he's fought the best guys on his record at the time of fighting them.

But what you have to remember is to be a star, you have to crossover to the casual fans, people who wouldn't dream of coming on a boxing forum like us. And those people don't really know the in's and out's of the sport, they don't know or care he didn't look great against Lara or Trout. To them he's just Canelo...the image, the name. So the same reasons we may think he shouldn't be the star he is don't even come into the heads of those who are making his stardom exist.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
              Lara is a great boxer who has been ducked by most fighters at 154--160, Cotto got beat down by Trout and would most likely get out boxed by Lara. Do you consider Cotto elite? Because he is not!
              Are you fking kidding me?! Nobody at MW ducked Lara who is a 154lber bro! HTF does somebody bigger ducks someone who is smaller and not even in the same division?! GTFOoH! Most people doesnt want to deal with Lara because he doesn't bring anything to the table, granted he has a horrible style, yes, difficult to some people, but still nobody pays to watch Lara fight! N nobody wants to deal with him because he's hard to work with. Don't insinuate any sht to me, I know more than you bro!

Cotto is elite! He was coming off a loss to Flyod and got in with Trout who is way bigger than Cotto and Cotto was not in the right shape of mind nor body. But it was still a close fight! Start up a Cotto is not elite thread and watch your asss gets thrashed!

Comment

well the fact that he is light skinned, looks tall and good looking compared to brown skinned mexicans. he looks foreign so his looks is what gets him marketable.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                  Explain what the typical Mexican looks like, lol
                  80-90% of Mexican are meztiso(spanish+ Indigenous roots aka indio)

It's like saying all Black Americans look like Keith Thurman same with Canelo with Mexicans....

Comment

he'll be good boy'd real soon

Comment

Televisa made him into a Superstar

Comment

Working...
                      X