Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Holm Drills Ronda Rousey With Massive KO Kick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting that vid of the second round.

No disrespect to the ladies at the very top of fight game, but those Holm lefts that were breaking Rousey down were not that great imo. As punches are concerned, they were pushed as hell only getting some steam as they were fully extended. I wasn't that impressed as a boxing fan. I wouldn't like to see what would happen if they were thrown correctly and with malice from a trained male competitor at that weight.

I've only seen that vid, but reading between the lines Rousey has not had enough adversity in her fights as she just got plain beat mentally well before the left that shook her up and giving that back up shows she was ready to check out early....

She should have gone out on her shield from 2 dozen takedown attempts gone bad than get embarrassed by a completely amateur stand up game in what was one dumb fight plan.

I guess with her being the first standout female star, MMA for women is as raw as it was for early male UFC fighters with pure wrestlers and pure strikers making way for more well rounded fighters later.

Comment

Dana White is somewhere crying in the fetal position.

This is incredibly gratifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        UFC Anchorwoman: the legend of Ron DaRousey
        Holm kicked Dana White's dog off the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Food for thought; she just signed a 7-figure Monster Energy deal last week. Also, last week EA announced they would feature her on the cover of the new UFC video game. Reebock recently signed her to a +$100k/fight deal. Last month it was announced that she would be featured in the remake of Road House, in the Swayze role.
          *Poof*
          Holy Holm just kicked tens of millions of dollars into oblivion. Rhonda isn't the only one crying herself to sleep tonight. Quite a few investors are too.
          i would not be surprised if a lot of that depended on her winning tho

Comment

Originally posted by jjho View Post
            Having her face on the cover of Ring Magazine is a disgrace!
            Yea, they should have Holly.....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              I actually have even more respect for Randy Couture now. He knew he couldn't stand up with James Toney so he went for the take down right away. He was smart to not give Toney any chances to counter. Rousey fought dumb. Not only did she show that her standup wasn't great she also showed she wasn't that smart. We all knew if she tried to stand her ground with Holly she would be in trouble but she let pride get in her way.

Congrats to Holly Holm.
              I don't know man. I don't think she had any say in the matter. Rousey continually tried to take Holm to the ground but Holm was having no part of it.

Holm's footwork was better than Toney's tonight

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I don't know man. I don't think she had any say in the matter. Rousey continually tried to take Holm to the ground but Holm was having no part of it.

Holm's footwork was better than Toney's tonight
                But that's the thing, even in his prime Toney wasnt a fighter with amazing footwork. He never needed it. He could stand in front of u and make u mis. By the time he hit the UFC? Forget about it, his footwork was non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Holm kicked Dana White's dog off the bridge.
                  Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Food for thought; she just signed a 7-figure Monster Energy deal last week. Also, last week EA announced they would feature her on the cover of the new UFC video game. Reebock recently signed her to a +$100k/fight deal. Last month it was announced that she would be featured in the remake of Road House, in the Swayze role.
                    *Poof*
                    Holy Holm just kicked tens of millions of dollars into oblivion. Rhonda isn't the only one crying herself to sleep tonight. Quite a few investors are too.
                    It's like a massive hot air balloon just lost most if not all of its lift and it's now plummeting toward Earth. This has got to hurt a lot of folks that were trying to turn her into a merchandising juggernaut.

Oscar puts her on the cover of Ring? Jesus H. Cripes.....

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Yea, they should have Holly.....

In all seriousness, putting her on the cover after this win would make more sense than putting Rousey on it. A former women's boxing champion beating the **** out of the hypemonster of women's MMA? That's worth a magazine cover.

Comment

Working...
                      X